Minn Center - Repeating/relaying traffic ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

w5dac

Anyone else notice that Minn Ctr has recently begun repeating traffic from one freq onto another. I don't have the actual freqs right now, but I can say that while monitoring one of their freqs, the controller asks the aircraft to come up on some other freq. So I monitor both the original and the new freq. After the aircraft checks in on the new freq, which I can hear the aircraft direct on, I also hear the aircraft being relayed or repeated on the original freq, same signal strength as the controller when the controller transmits. All this being heard in the Omaha, NE area. Sorry about not having specific freqs to spec, but I am traveling and not in the area again for few days.

AirScan

Thanks for the report. I fly through Minneapolis airspace from time to time and have never heard them using frequency cross coupling before. A controller was telling me that it was starting to be used at more Centers in the US, I've heard it used on some New York oceanic sectors as well as some Cleveland low sectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.