Minneapolis Area 8-22-06 H-Common

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I was monitoring the Hennepin Common Emergency UHF repeater yesterday on my drive home from Maple Grove. I heard several units talking including a "PILOT" and "CAR 2", going through checkpoints "The Pilot car is a checkpoint 2, etc" and telling each other what turns to make.

They were also closing down streets as whatever it was passed through, including the busy area of 494 @ 169, which they closed at the height of rush hour. I also heard a state patrol unit telling the group that they had a report of suspicious items on 494, but he checked it out and it was just road debris.

Any idea what was going on?

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
That makes sense, I had heard he was in town but I never put 2 and 2 together.

Very interesting to listen to though, that's the first traffic i've ever heard on the H-Common repeaters since i've been up here.

hobbyhoser175

You'll notice that they keep the route a secret, but MnDOT turns all the traffic cameras to the ground or sky along the route. Not such a secret ;) It is interesting to listen to and see how much goes into gettin gthe pres across the metro. How long have you been in the metro/state?

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I've been here for about a month, towards the western area. I have made several trips in the past year though before I moved.

stmills

The most common use I have heard of the Hcommon channels has been for the Pres/VP visits. I have also heard a few wide area drills on it but that is about it. Seems that if there is traffic it is usally related to an event with Many levels of LE involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.