Minnesota DNR Forestry

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Does anybody here happen to know the latest on Minnesota DNR Forestry? Are they using analog, ARMER or a mix?

It is getting to be the time of the year for wild-land fires.

stmills

DNR forestry is a mix the have dedicated ARMER Talkgroups along with mutual aid, and then use a combo of p25 and Analog vhf along with vhf am aircraft channels for air operations. Forestry is transitioning the vhf channels from analog to P25 from what I have seen the Northern half of the State is P25 and the Southern half is still analog.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Thank you for the reply. Just before I left home this afternoon, I checked the History Log and saw MN DNR Forestry Cambridge logged and time stamped. It was the usual frequency and PL tone (analog). I will have to watch for APCO P25 modulation on those.

One of the other things I seem to recall is that they often work with federal partners, in addition to local partners. Their federal partners are likely on convention VHF. Having the ability to use only one band, namely VHF high band, makes a lot of sense. I recall seeing a channel plan in one of their vehicles a while back and it had a large number of frequencies for MN DNR and a number of federal VHF channels, including USFS, BIA, NPS, etc.

ecps92

DNR Aviation still have access to the VHF Analog network as well as the VHF P25 channels

I'll take a peak at the RRDB and post any differences, for folks to actually OTA confirm vs just submitting unconfirmed data
Does anybody here happen to know the latest on Minnesota DNR Forestry? Are they using analog, ARMER or a mix?

It is getting to be the time of the year for wild-land fires.

Status
Not open for further replies.