Missing entry in database

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to help someone load their favorite list, in to an HP1. One of the agencies they want is in the RR database, but not showing in the Sentinel, despite saying they database is up to date. The agency has been using this TG for awhile, and has been programmed into my PSR-500 for at least six months.

I have been unable to find any way to add the agency to the system, manually. That has been frustrating and useless.

Specifically, I am looking to add Van Buren Township Fire Dept's talkgroups to a favorite list, which is only utilizing MPSCS. (For those that do not know, that is the Michigan state-wide 800 system.) Van Buren Twp is in Wayne County, and is shown in the RR database just before Wexford County.

I am missing something, obviously. Can someone point me in the correct direction?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Does he have the correct Service Types selected before trying to create the Favourites list?

He should have Fire Dispatch and Fire Tac selected.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am trying to help someone load their favorite list, in to an HP1. One of the agencies they want is in the RR database, but not showing in the Sentinel, despite saying they database is up to date. The agency has been using this TG for awhile, and has been programmed into my PSR-500 for at least six months.

I have been unable to find any way to add the agency to the system, manually. That has been frustrating and useless.

Specifically, I am looking to add Van Buren Township Fire Dept's talkgroups to a favorite list, which is only utilizing MPSCS. (For those that do not know, that is the Michigan state-wide 800 system.) Van Buren Twp is in Wayne County, and is shown in the RR database just before Wexford County.

I am missing something, obviously. Can someone point me in the correct direction?

Just checked my copy of Sentinel, and what you're looking for is definitely in there... it's not missing.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
First let me say I'm just beginning the learning process with Sentinel in anticipation of getting one of the new scanners. I've downloaded both the Home Patrol Sentinel and the BCDx36HP Sentinel. So I might be wrong about the following.

Having said that here's what I found. The database that was associated with the Home Patrol Sentinel install file was dated 12/12/2011 (some two years old). It did not have any of the Van Buren Township talkgroups. However when I Updated the Master HPDB the Van Buren Township talkgroups then appeared - th date at the lower lefthand corner was 12/03/2013.

So my novice guess is that you are attempting to create/modify/append a Favorites List using an outdated master database. You can update the database by clicking Update on the top row of Sentinel, dropping down to Update Master HPDB... and clicking that.

In an effort to better demonstrate/show how one database version had Van Buren but older version did not, I attempted to post screen shots showing each. I did a fine job of botching the posting of screen shots. So disregard the imagines with my apologies.

Attachments

• hp sentinel.jpg
    hp sentinel.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
As an attempted work-around, I added Sumpter Twp, then manually edited the favorites file, changing the TG and text tag to Van Buren's.

I have no idea if it worked, since the scanner was not receiving any traffic. Even when we keyed up one of the four TG on the scan list. (We were listening to the Washtenaw Simulcast System.)

Sent from Tapatalk

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I would suspect that the version of Sentinel loaded is not the current version, and that the database, therefore, is a couple of years old.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
As an attempted work-around, I added Sumpter Twp, then manually edited the favorites file, changing the TG and text tag to Van Buren's.

A work-around shouldn't be needed if this is what you're looking for:

From the 12/03/2013 database in Sentinel...

USA --> Michigan --> Wayne --> Statewide --> Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) --> Wayne County (82) Vanburen Township.....

The Fire: Dispatch, and Fire: Fireground talkgroups are shown there.

If you don't see that in your copy of Sentinel, First, be sure you have the latest version of the Sentinel software on your computer. You won't be able to get the latest versions of the database if you have an old version of Sentinel.

From the top toolbar when Sentinel is running, click "Help", then "About".
It should say Version 2.02 (revision 04).

If it doesn't, go here and download it and install it on your computer (the link is in the first paragraph there):

ExtremeUpdate < HomePatrol < TWiki

After that, update the database in Sentinel... currently the latest database is 12/03/13.

Don't forget to "Write" the database to the Home Patrol to transfer it there.

Just to confirm you have the latest database (and firmware - v2.04), in your Home Patrol:

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

krokus

Premium Subscriber
My guess is that the software is out of date. I thought the software would still pull the current database.

I will check in a bit.

Thanks!

Sent from Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.