SDS100/SDS200: Missing first few seconds of transmissions on conventional P25 channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

qaman5757

Still testing this, issue has improved but certainly not completely resolved. Programmed each channel in as a site.
still temped to purchase a new SDS100 and compare as others have mentioned.
My replacement unit should arrive today. I will be programming just the VHF P25 channel I am having the problem with as a site and then one at a time going through each of the suggested changes and see what works and hope for the best. I have also found several other frequencies that are filed under the same license (2 base & 2 mobile) that leads me to further believe that the channel I am having problems with is the repeater frequency for one or more of the newly found frequencies. Once I have completed the one channel/no scan testing I'll move on to see what these bring. I might be chasing shadows, but I won't know until I try. I'll also attempt to capture some logs and post for review.

W5JCK

I am currently having some issues on my SDS100 where I am missing the first few seconds of transmissions on conventional P25 channels or sometimes missing the very short reply on them. I am using the Remtronix BNC 800 antenna and the channel I was listening to was an 800 conventional. Could it be a filter issue? Should I try turning the filter off completely? I also turned off the squelch completely and I still missed a few seconds of the transmission. Does anybody have any ideas about this?

I haven't read any of the other replies, so sorry if this has already been stated. On any type of radio system that uses repeaters, there is a delay between keyup of the mic after the talker depresses the PTT switch and when the repeater engages and is capable of repeating the voice signals. We always teach new hams to press the PTT switch then wait two seconds before talking. However, most people don't do that and the result is that the first 1 or 2 seconds of their TX is clipped off. I hear this all the time with hams and with PD and other radio services. There could be other issues at play, but the most common cause of clipping of the first second or two of a TX is simply due to human error--talking before the repeater has been activated to repeat the TX. If this is the cause of the clipping, then unfortunately there is nothing you can do to solve the issue on your end.

Status
Not open for further replies.