Missing Morongo Basin archive file

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvscum

Premium Subscriber
Looking for a missing scanner audio file from the archive area.

Morongo Basin Police and Fire - 10019

June 30, 2014 starting at 1119 central time. This file is the ONLY FILE missing from this feed. I do not believe it is missing as the result of a malfunction or scanner being off line. Can you tell me if the file was deliberately removed?

It would be in the folder:

archives.broadcastify.com/10019/20140630/

and it would be named something like:

201406301119-******-10019.mp3

thank you for your help.

NFR85

Is this AM or PM?

I went to the Archives and where is says Right click and choose "Save As" to download file in MP3 format. I did that and was able to listen. I have it If its AM it labeled it as 201408041259-6507.mp3

If it was PM its 201407010114-858179-10019.mp3

Hope that helps

tvscum

Premium Subscriber
It is AM on June 30 (not July 1) -- 9:19am Pacific Time -- 11:19am Central Time.

Again, the beginning of the file name should be....

Last edited:

tvscum

Premium Subscriber
I am getting no response from admin. What is the policy on removing files from your archives? Do you remove files at the request of law enforcement only? Or, do you require LE to get a court order before you will remove a file?

tvscum

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to Gordon for responding via email. Broadcastify says they did not receive a request from LE to remove this file. It is possible the volunteer turned it off while it was in progress.

33NightFall3

Premium Subscriber
If an admin could send an email to KF6YGK that'd be great. He can't be reached by email by regular users, so I sent him a PM almost a week ago. But email would be better. The site said admins can do that?

33NightFall3

Premium Subscriber
I have contacted the feed provider by phone to request him to visit radioreference, just in case he hasn't received an email yet. Fingers crossed.

33NightFall3

Premium Subscriber
Tvscum. I tried to message you but it's not showing as going through. did you get them?

tvscum

Premium Subscriber
I have received your messages. I can only speculate that the Morongo scanner provider is also a member of the Sheriff search and rescue and he intentionally disconnected his feed when the detectives started talking about the evidence.

KF6YGK

Feed Provider
Sorry, I wish I had a better answer as to what happened to that file. I have no control over the audio archives, and my only thought was maybe an outage on the feed that day, but looking at my email history for a "feed down" notification from Radio Reference on June 30, there was none.

ibagli

In my experience, it doesn't have to be a long outage to mess with the archive file for that period. The system only checks a feed's status every few minutes, so if it goes down between checks, it won't register as offline at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.