Missouri state highway patrol troop D frequency questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertwbob

KE0WRU
Before the tornados we had in jasper,barton,dade,green county mo i could listed to mshp troop d dispatch on 42. Band cant remember the exact frequincy numbers.but since the tornados hit the troop D analog channels are dead.
Does anybody know if we lost a tower or if they suddenly quit using analog?
Im 45 miles west of springfield ,mo. I have a big base antenna as well as a smaller 1 and rubber ducky antennas,4 diffrent scanners.bearcat 245 xlt ,rs pro 94,rs pro 95 and a rs 2046.all recieved mshp up till the nite of last tornado 2 weeks ago

robertwbob

KE0WRU
O
You should try posting in the Missouri forum, there you might get better response
odd after i posted they transmitted for first time telling about looking for a black suv pulling 2 more vehicles on I 44 with nylon straps weaving in both lanes. They are still broadcasting about it,id bet they exited and are on a narrow road creating more danger

frazpo

Before the tornados we had in jasper,barton,dade,green county mo i could listed to mshp troop d dispatch on 42. Band cant remember the exact frequincy numbers.but since the tornados hit the troop D analog channels are dead.
Does anybody know if we lost a tower or if they suddenly quit using analog?
Im 45 miles west of springfield ,mo. I have a big base antenna as well as a smaller 1 and rubber ducky antennas,4 diffrent scanners.bearcat 245 xlt ,rs pro 94,rs pro 95 and a rs 2046.all recieved mshp up till the nite of last tornado 2 weeks ago

Other then testing for a backup system they do not use the 42 band.
All MSHP is on the the statewide digital system (MOSWIN

You need a digital trunking scanner to monitor

robertwbob

KE0WRU

i been listening to them all the time.but as i posted they are back.yes they went to moswin but still on the 42. Band too. Been hearing lots of activity about license checks no 29 on I 44 since i posted.the repeater at cassville is back in operation. Maybe you should check them out. Springfield is working pretty hard right now

kruser

Premium Subscriber

Same here in this area of the state for the most part.
Low Band is tested each Sunday morning with two different tests, one is the so called Rural channel test and the other is the Metro channel test.

Every so often, I will hear them simulcast a call on both, MOSWIN and Low Band at the same time when making dispatches or calls to troopers that may be working in radio dead zones.
I'll also hear Troop C dispatch say they will try a trooper on "low band" when they cannot reach them on Moswin. You will indeed hear them do that so low band is still used for more than testing but it is rare. This seems to occur less frequently today and maybe as a result of all the fill in 700 MHz sites that are popping up around the state.

The Ozark hills areas of the state seem to get the most use of real low band traffic that is not just low band testing.

robertwbob

KE0WRU
Same here in this area of the state for the most part.
Low Band is tested each Sunday morning with two different tests, one is the so called Rural channel test and the other is the Metro channel test.

Every so often, I will hear them simulcast a call on both, MOSWIN and Low Band at the same time when making dispatches or calls to troopers that may be working in radio dead zones.
I'll also hear Troop C dispatch say they will try a trooper on "low band" when they cannot reach them on Moswin. You will indeed hear them do that so low band is still used for more than testing but it is rare. This seems to occur less frequently today and maybe as a result of all the fill in 700 MHz sites that are popping up around the state.

The Ozark hills areas of the state seem to get the most use of real low band traffic that is not just low band testing.
i hear them constantly.but i figured the tornados might damaged something as they were dead.but today they are very active.just now a posting about a black pickup made illegal turn around at anderson on i49.they are clearer than they been in a long time.i dont think the moswin works in my area as good as was expected

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
They use the 42mhz frequencies up here at Troop I quite a bit also, seems like quite a bit is simulcast on both 42 mhz and MOSWIN. They may have taken a hit at dispatch if they were off the air a few days....some days I hear more on one band than I do another depending on conditions. I monitor Troop D off the Lebanon tower all the time up here in Pulaski Co, especially when I'm getting ready to head to Springfield for Dr. Apt.s in case the interstate is closed somewhere and has saved me from being tied up in miles long traffic several times.

robertwbob

KE0WRU
Ye
They use the 42mhz frequencies up here at Troop I quite a bit also, seems like quite a bit is simulcast on both 42 mhz and MOSWIN. They may have taken a hit at dispatch if they were off the air a few days....some days I hear more on one band than I do another depending on conditions. I monitor Troop D off the Lebanon tower all the time up here in Pulaski Co, especially when I'm getting ready to head to Springfield for Dr. Apt.s in case the interstate is closed somewhere and has saved me from being tied up in miles long traffic several times.
yes they work analog lots. Id say our hills and trees kinda hinder moswin so they must use analog. Several countys are analog around me also.
And im thinking dispatch took a hit as you said

daddyjohn

I have listened all night and the dispatch is simulcasting on both systems. On MOSWIN TG 20107 TROOP D DISPATCH 2W is being simulcast on 42.12 lowband. Have not received any cars on lowband.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

robertwbob

KE0WRU
Im
I have listened all night and the dispatch is simulcasting on both systems. On MOSWIN TG 20107 TROOP D DISPATCH 2W is being simulcast on 42.12 lowband. Have not received any cars on lowband.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
close enough to I 44 i hear cars sometimes,but not always.but i got an antenna 30' above my roof too

Scanning-NWA

Robertwbob ,
Yes, VHF low band is still used. I have been monitoring Troop D on VHF low band ever since the days of VHF low band ONLY back when Troop D had a satellite headquarters in Carthage on 42.12 MHz and troop to troop dispatch was on 42.38 MHz. Back in those days, I could hear as far north as Troop A Lees Sumit, Troop I Rolla and Troop G Willow Springs. Today I monitor both MOSWIN and VHF low band sides and hear traffic on 42.06, 42.12 and 42.10. Being in NW Arkansas, pre-MOSWIN days I used to hear all the low band cars on the former 456.225 Powell and Ridgley 456.475 repeaters. Today I use a COMET GP-15 base antenna for VHF Low Band and there are MANY times where I hear simulcasts of MOSWIN over on the VHF Low Band side. Today, 42.10 is the strongest transmitter on VHF low band for my location. I have heard Troop G dispatch a few times on VHF low band but it is rare. Currently, output power on VHF Low Band side is apparently not what it used to be in pre-MOWSIN days. There are also many times when I am hearing Troop D disptach on VHF low band side ONLY and NOT on MOSWIN so it pays to monitor both sides always. Interestingly, there have been a few times where I caught simulcast on VHF Low band side of both the dispatch and cars. Sometimes there are VHF High Band opennings on the MOWSWIN side for me too and I get to hear Troop G on MOSWIN and some other Troop D MOSWIN sites further up north so it pays to monitor fringe area MOSWIN sites too for when the band opens. I have never been able to hear anything on 700 MHz sites yet but waiting for the right band opening.

robertwbob

KE0WRU
I
Robertwbob ,
Yes, VHF low band is still used. I have been monitoring Troop D on VHF low band ever since the days of VHF low band ONLY back when Troop D had a satellite headquarters in Carthage on 42.12 MHz and troop to troop dispatch was on 42.38 MHz. Back in those days, I could hear as far north as Troop A Lees Sumit, Troop I Rolla and Troop G Willow Springs. Today I monitor both MOSWIN and VHF low band sides and hear traffic on 42.06, 42.12 and 42.10. Being in NW Arkansas, pre-MOSWIN days I used to hear all the low band cars on the former 456.225 Powell and Ridgley 456.475 repeaters. Today I use a COMET GP-15 base antenna for VHF Low Band and there are MANY times where I hear simulcasts of MOSWIN over on the VHF Low Band side. Today, 42.10 is the strongest transmitter on VHF low band for my location. I have heard Troop G dispatch a few times on VHF low band but it is rare. Currently, output power on VHF Low Band side is apparently not what it used to be in pre-MOWSIN days. There are also many times when I am hearing Troop D disptach on VHF low band side ONLY and NOT on MOSWIN so it pays to monitor both sides always. Interestingly, there have been a few times where I caught simulcast on VHF Low band side of both the dispatch and cars. Sometimes there are VHF High Band opennings on the MOWSWIN side for me too and I get to hear Troop G on MOSWIN and some other Troop D MOSWIN sites further up north so it pays to monitor fringe area MOSWIN sites too for when the band opens. I have never been able to hear anything on 700 MHz sites yet but waiting for the right band opening.
need to update my scanners but hate to.as long as i can keep getting what i get im happy.
What are they using in arkansas?
I might have to enter some arkansas frequincys. The old vhf was great i think.
So far a few of us still moniter vhf modot

Scanning-NWA

I

need to update my scanners but hate to.as long as i can keep getting what i get im happy.
What are they using in arkansas?
I might have to enter some arkansas frequincys. The old vhf was great i think.
So far a few of us still moniter vhf modot
Robertwbob,
In Arkansas it's the statewide AWIN system on 800 MHz. I use the ROGERS tower site when I am out and about with a portable scanner so that may be the site for you to try since I am not very far from the Missouri State Line. You can find the frequencies here on radioreference website.
I had a strange thing happen last night (Saturday 07/06/2019). I normally get MO Highway patrol day and night on the Pineville, Cassville and Roaring River tower sites where i live. For some reason, not sure if an atmospheric disturbance or if MOWSWIN had an outage, but I couldn't get any MOSWIN site????? I was still getting traffic on VHF low band and 42.10 is always full signal bar strength for me in N.W. Arkansas. This morning, I woke up and turned the scanner on to find MOSWIN traffic was back to normal again on all three tower sites.

robertwbob

KE0WRU
I
Robertwbob,
In Arkansas it's the statewide AWIN system on 800 MHz. I use the ROGERS tower site when I am out and about with a portable scanner so that may be the site for you to try since I am not very far from the Missouri State Line. You can find the frequencies here on radioreference website.
I had a strange thing happen last night (Saturday 07/06/2019). I normally get MO Highway patrol day and night on the Pineville, Cassville and Roaring River tower sites where i live. For some reason, not sure if an atmospheric disturbance or if MOWSWIN had an outage, but I couldn't get any MOSWIN site????? I was still getting traffic on VHF low band and 42.10 is always full signal bar strength for me in N.W. Arkansas. This morning, I woke up and turned the scanner on to find MOSWIN traffic was back to normal again on all three tower sites.
think moswin has many bugs they cant cure,always recieve springfield transmitter and the repeater towers down at cassville roaring river.
I will check out the ark freqs thank you
Speaking of roaring river,it would be a nice day to be up close to that cave and spring.be nice and cold

nd5y

Make sure you have all frequencies programmed for each site, not just the ones RR shows as control channels. If one or more sites' control channel changes to a frequency that you don't have programmed then you will wonder why you can't receive that site.

Also note that in SW MO and some other parts of the state MOSWIN uses paging and marine channels at some sites. These have market-based licenses with no location data so they could possibly use undiscovered frequencies that are not in the RRDB at all. If they happen to rotate a CC to one that isn't listed then the same thing will happen.

robertwbob

KE0WRU
Make sure you have all frequencies programmed for each site, not just the ones RR shows as control channels. If one or more sites' control channel changes to a frequency that you don't have programmed then you will wonder why you can't receive that site.[/
i got about 75 frequincies for them in my scanners

JRsTheMAN

I have no issues monitoring MOSWIN in Barry County. About 6 months ago or so they had issues with the Roaring River Repeater, but that has been fixed. I also hear a lot of traffic on the low band since there are still a lot of "dark" spots on MOSWIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.