Misuse of Radio- 154.100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph11

I just heard a dispatch for Station 73 on 160.1850 MHz. Was this Chester County?

ctrabs74

Joseph11 said:
I just heard a dispatch for Station 73 on 160.1850 MHz. Was this Chester County?

Joseph11 - Most likely. Chester County Station 73 is the Ludwigs Corner Fire Company in West Vincent Twp.

TinEar - The 159.600 covers the Eastern and Central parts of the county; from where you are, you would be able to pick up the 159.735 better than 159.600 since .735 covers Western and Southern Chester County.

Getting back on topic (or reasonably close) are there any other strong Maryland fire dispatch freqs that come in decently up my way? (And, FWIW, I do have the Harford County TRS programmed into my scanner; how far east does that signal stretch?)

DELCOLHFC

ctrabs74 said:
Joseph11 - Most likely. Chester County Station 73 is the Ludwigs Corner Fire Company in West Vincent Twp.

TinEar - The 159.600 covers the Eastern and Central parts of the county; from where you are, you would be able to pick up the 159.735 better than 159.600 since .735 covers Western and Southern Chester County.

Getting back on topic (or reasonably close) are there any other strong Maryland fire dispatch freqs that come in decently up my way? (And, FWIW, I do have the Harford County TRS programmed into my scanner; how far east does that signal stretch?)

Just checking in from Media (actually Middletown) in Delaware Co. PA, hearing the new 155.5275 from Cecil via a Scantenna at 35'.

ctrabs, are you saying that you are recieving Harford's TRS? I finally have my mast up and a rotor in staging, soon I will be adding an 800 yagi and Harford was on my list of hopeful targets.

steve0622

I just heard a national s.o.s. call from someone on this frequency that ia am an officer and i need help logged at 0154 hrs in the electra, tx. area. My antenna is 25ft in the ait and it was full signal bars oni my pro 197 nscanner with a NAC code of i think 297...not sure on the NAC code cause I also so A01A as a Nac Code. Tranmission statred that I have been shot and I need adetional help.

steve0622

I just heard a national s.o.s. call from someone on this frequency that "i am an officer and i need help" logged at 0154 hrs in the electra, tx. area. My antenna is 25ft in the air and it was full signal bars on my pro 197 scanner with a NAC code of i think 297...not sure on the NAC code cause I also had A01A as a Nac Code show up when I hit the manual key. Transmission stated that I have been shot and I need aditional help. Nothing was heard from DPS of Wichita County, TX. or F.B.I. or S.O... Or Electra Pd. in reference to this.I know that frequency has been used in the past by Electra Public Works, but The usenothing but cell phones now for all their communication. I do know that TACB is working this area tonight, so could this be a TABC freq. that is not listed in the DB?
Not to mention that I have not heard anything on the radio in reference to this from all the Wichita County frequencies as well as all the surrounding counties in Northwest Texas.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Regarding that thing on BWI Dispatch's channel, if you're not hearing their characteristic high-power-relay electronic grinding noise when you're getting the blah blah blah transmission, it's not coming out over BWIFD's repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.