mixed up talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Have any of the rest of you noticed mixed up talkgroups today on the Sioux Falls simulcast towers? It just seems like the traffic doesn't match the talkgroup that comes up.

I'm having a hard time finding a pattern but one of the unusual things today was what sounded like routine SFPD traffic on a National Guard TG. But there were others that seemed odd. I think I remember hearing DOT traffic on a River City Transit (Pierre) TG.

Would this happen if the signal wasn't great? I don't listen to Sioux Falls very often because it's a little too far away to get reliably.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Just heard what sounded like transit traffic on what came up as Sioux Falls SRC. It doesn't sound like it's affecting the users, so maybe it's just my equipment . . .

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Just now heard emergency EMS traffic (patient report to the Heart Hospital) with a siren blaring in the background on Sioux Falls Utilities 1; Talkgroup 24016. UID of the ambulance was 29107. Strange. Maybe I'll re-boot my scanner! LOL

SCPD

QRT
I can tell you from years of listening to the simulcast towers in Sioux Falls it is NOT anyones equipment. For some reason or another transit does come across PD TG's and others. Dispatch and other units to hear this as well. Its a known issue

Status
Not open for further replies.