• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Mn Renaissance Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5EZU

Premium Subscriber
Where can I look for frequencies to Mn Renaissance Festival? I didn't come up with anything on a search for this site. Thanks

Probably rental radios, so I'd imagine every year is different. I can't speak with authority on the topic but that's my guess. UHF probably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was out there a few years ago with a buddy when we came upon a patron suffering from heat stroke. We rendered first aid while a staff member went to fetch the medics. I figured it would be one of the metro EMS agencies under a contract with the festival, but it ended up being two young men in costume that carried the victim out on a rickshaw. Apparently they cart them off to the edge of the property, off set, where EMS makes a meet. I did not see any radios on their staff. So I think to maintain authenticity they communicate with smoke signals, hand gestures, and voice relay - your scanner may not do any good :)

MN Renaissance Festival

I would have faked all and any symptoms to get out of the Renaissance fair I was dragged to in Chicago once. Longest, most boring day of my life thanks to my EX GF and her "nana" The only saving grace was the filthy humor of the Flying Karamazov brothers that really upset nana. A scanner would have been a good diversion

W5EZU

Premium Subscriber
I would have faked all and any symptoms to get out of the Renaissance fair I was dragged to in Chicago once. Longest, most boring day of my life thanks to my EX GF and her "nana" The only saving grace was the filthy humor of the Flying Karamazov brothers that really upset nana. A scanner would have been a good diversion
Well, you sound like a real fun guy...

W5EZU

Premium Subscriber
Lots of radios out there. The one used frequency I found was 461.1125. It was labelled as "Marshall Fields (Burnsville) - Loss Prevention. Mostly housekeeping stuff.

I was out there a few years ago with a buddy when we came upon a patron suffering from heat stroke. We rendered first aid while a staff member went to fetch the medics. I figured it would be one of the metro EMS agencies under a contract with the festival, but it ended up being two young men in costume that carried the victim out on a rickshaw. Apparently they cart them off to the edge of the property, off set, where EMS makes a meet. I did not see any radios on their staff. So I think to maintain authenticity they communicate with smoke signals, hand gestures, and voice relay - your scanner may not do any good :)
Smoke signals and hand gestures would be in the true spirit of the renaissance festival.

Status
Not open for further replies.