Mn Renaissance Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5EZY

Where can I look for frequencies to Mn Renaissance Festival? I didn't come up with anything on a search for this site. Thanks

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Probably rental radios, so I'd imagine every year is different. I can't speak with authority on the topic but that's my guess. UHF probably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kb0uxv

I was out there a few years ago with a buddy when we came upon a patron suffering from heat stroke. We rendered first aid while a staff member went to fetch the medics. I figured it would be one of the metro EMS agencies under a contract with the festival, but it ended up being two young men in costume that carried the victim out on a rickshaw. Apparently they cart them off to the edge of the property, off set, where EMS makes a meet. I did not see any radios on their staff. So I think to maintain authenticity they communicate with smoke signals, hand gestures, and voice relay - your scanner may not do any good :)

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
MN Renaissance Festival

I would have faked all and any symptoms to get out of the Renaissance fair I was dragged to in Chicago once. Longest, most boring day of my life thanks to my EX GF and her "nana" The only saving grace was the filthy humor of the Flying Karamazov brothers that really upset nana. A scanner would have been a good diversion

N5EZY

I would have faked all and any symptoms to get out of the Renaissance fair I was dragged to in Chicago once. Longest, most boring day of my life thanks to my EX GF and her "nana" The only saving grace was the filthy humor of the Flying Karamazov brothers that really upset nana. A scanner would have been a good diversion

Well, you sound like a real fun guy...

N5EZY

Lots of radios out there. The one used frequency I found was 461.1125. It was labelled as "Marshall Fields (Burnsville) - Loss Prevention. Mostly housekeeping stuff.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I was out there a few years ago with a buddy when we came upon a patron suffering from heat stroke. We rendered first aid while a staff member went to fetch the medics. I figured it would be one of the metro EMS agencies under a contract with the festival, but it ended up being two young men in costume that carried the victim out on a rickshaw. Apparently they cart them off to the edge of the property, off set, where EMS makes a meet. I did not see any radios on their staff. So I think to maintain authenticity they communicate with smoke signals, hand gestures, and voice relay - your scanner may not do any good :)

Smoke signals and hand gestures would be in the true spirit of the renaissance festival.

Status
Not open for further replies.