MN State Patrol/Flight Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

10-7Goodnight

I live in Duluth & have all the SP channels & TG programmed on my HP. I never hear anything on TG 96 Flight Section. Do they even use this TG? I've heard their helicopter on 36500 Duluth. Thanks.

stmills

I live in Duluth & have all the SP channels & TG programmed on my HP. I never hear anything on TG 96 Flight Section. Do they even use this TG? I've heard their helicopter on 36500 Duluth. Thanks.

Most traffic is on the mains. Flight is used for coordinating between crews.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Most of their activities of interest are typically on the tac channels since they're working with other agencies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
.....I live in Duluth.....I never hear anything on TG 96 Flight Section.....

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, because you probably already know this, but not all talkgroups are carried on all sites around the state. Thus, that talkgroups could be in use by someone in the Twin Cities Metro area and it would probably NOT be heard by monitoring in Duluth.

The reverse is also true, however, meaning sometimes talkgroups will come up at time and locations when you least expect them. For example, I have heard traffic from Pine County while in Minneapolis. Probably a Pine County car passing through, thus his/her home agency traffic was carried on the site(s) that he/she was near.

Status
Not open for further replies.