Mobile Bike Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRHKY94

I usually strap my iPhone to my bike when riding and listen to downloaded music. Decided to swap out the phone for today's ride with my BCD325P2 & a BC15 speaker. The small form factor of the 325 works very well strapped to the bike via the belt clip and the BC15 is solidly connected to the top handle bar using the bracket it comes with. The speaker cable is velcro strapped to the handlebar post. Finished off with a right angle BNC adaptor and the RS 800 antenna. All in all, the setup worked very well and made the 12 mile ride a scannist pleasure.

Attachments

• Scanner Bike Pic 1.jpg
    Scanner Bike Pic 1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 2,036
  • Scanner Bike Pic 2.jpg
    Scanner Bike Pic 2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,212

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I've been using a similar setup for years, but have mine mounted on the handlebar stem with a LARSEN antenna. I'm using a 325 like you now also.

Attachments

• Bike1.JPG
    Bike1.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,959
  • B2.JPG
    B2.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,961
Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
For safety sake, not for nothing, I think if you fall on the bike the antenna is in a terrible place.
You'll knock your eye out.I dont think the larsen is going to give you much advantage over the rubber duck with no groundplane.
Put it on the back refector area.You could also add a flag for safety!

SCPD

QRT
bike tenna

For safety sake, not for nothing, I think if you fall on the bike the antenna is in a terrible place.
You'll knock your eye out.I dont think the larsen is going to give you much advantage over the rubber duck with no groundplane.
Put it on the back reflector area.You could also add a flag for safety!

spongella

Premium Subscriber
That is absolutely fabulous, nice idea and installation. Nice work!

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Wonderful idea....

With all the mobile installs on here, it's not often you get to see a bike set up. Very nice!

Manny

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I have a really nice Dawes Roundhouse 2900 mountain bike hanging on hooks inside my barn that I've only used a few times since last summer. You are giving me great ideas - thanks much for this post! Very nice install!

JD
kf4anc

WD4JKH

Nice setup.

I put an APRS rig on mine.

33958d1315798298-another-bicycle-set-up-using-aprs-1-bike.jpg

back in the 70s people at the CB Meet&Greet said i could NOT mount a CB Radio on i bike THEN i went to work had double baskets on the rear used Smaller car battery 102 in whip and CB YES i did it and it worked lol

KC3ECJ

Anybody use that Uniden external speaker on a motorcycle?

Is it loud enough to hear going 45mph?

KC3ECJ

back in the 70s people at the CB Meet&Greet said i could NOT mount a CB Radio on i bike THEN i went to work had double baskets on the rear used Smaller car battery 102 in whip and CB YES i did it and it worked lol

When I was about 7 there were these other 2 kids in the neigborhood that had CB mobiles on their bicycles.
One of the 2 bikes had a trailer on it for extra batteries.

prcguy

When I was about 14 I stuck a 9ft whip on my bike and peddled around talking on a CB. You think I would feel silly enough to not do that again but recently I mounted my Elecraft KX2 to an electric bike and tried a hamstick and Outbacker HF whip mounted to the cargo rack on the back. I was able to make a few contacts across the country on the upper HF bands without too much trouble.
prcguy

Ravenkeeper

Nice setup.

I put an APRS rig on mine.

33958d1315798298-another-bicycle-set-up-using-aprs-1-bike.jpg

I had that same GPS unit on mine, but it's been sitting in a desk drawer for a couple years, since I upgraded to a smartphone. Bought it when I was stationed overseas, helped me (in a sort of "painful way") to get around Okinawa. I'd get lost driving around the island, get it up and running, and find my way back to the nearest saved "landmark." Mount for it is still on my bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.