Mobile Command Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg6bki

The Mobile Command Center is a Sophiscated Communications Center that allows you to communicate with First Responders and Emergency Personnel in a Disaster situation and being able to keeping you informed as situation change. It features a Dual switching power supply that allows you to run the Unit off 120V and if the power should fail can be powered directly from a large storage battery.

The Command Center Features Some Key Equipment

1.FT-90 Dual Band 2 Meter and 70 Cm Amateur Radio Transceiver allows you to keep in contact with local Emergency Management Services and the Office of Emergency Services.

2.GTX-900 is a 900mhz Tranciver that will allow you to communicate with Responders or Security Agencies that are on a 900mhz Radio system. This unit is also programmed to be used on 900mhz Amateur Radio Repeaters.

3.Uniden BCD-996T is a 6000 Channel P25 Scanner that is programmed with nearly every Public Safety Agency in the Greater Bay area. This unit can be easily updated on location or via Programming Software on the Laptop.

4.40 AMP Power Supply that will Power all radios and features a Selectable power Supply output

5.Anderson Powerpole 6 Outlet power connectors. Allow you to have other responders that have chargers or users that need access to 12v power can tap into the power system of the command center.

IMG_5247.jpg

Project Box Empty (Start Of Project)
IMG_5244.jpg

Project Box (Top View)
IMG_5241.jpg

Project Box (Side View)
IMG_5250.jpg

Install Of TNC KPC-3Plus with Kenwood Mobile Radio
IMG_5556.jpg

Power Distrubition Center
IMG_5560.jpg

Rear View Of The Unit
IMG_5578.jpg

Front View Of The Unit

Still need to install LED lighting and power for the 900mhz Radio....wired into the system....

bmungaven

Nice setup. Very neatly done. What kind of project box is that? It looks like there is still plenty of room for more goodies.

Bill
N6EF
Sacramento

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Looking good,what kind of radio is that in the last picture on the bottom right?

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Nice Set Up!

I'm looking to do something similar to this actually. This gives me some ideas. Looks like a good work in progress!

Manny

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
That my friends looks like a musician's travel road case for effects racks. Nice idea!

norcalbusa

That must have been fun to build- congrats. Consider/evaluate if you need to add a low voltage fan to keep the components cool & happy...no air is going to move around inside that thing otherwise.

kg6bki

Yes it is a Kenwood TM-201. I picked up the Radio and TNC at a Flea Market here in the San Jose Area.
The Box I picked up at the DeAnza Electronics Swap meet for $40.00

I do have a few more to install such as LED lighting for night operations and going to install a Icom IC-R2500.

The entire box is great because I can go out and about (Don't have a shack at home due to antenna restrictions) and open it up on the go...

Thanks For the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.