Mobile Fire Rescue Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanW

I've listened to Mobile Fire Rescue Department for years on the Motorola trunked system. I've been inactive for a while and now getting back into it. For some reason I cannot hear MFRD but I can hear Mobile Police Department. I compared my programmed freq's with the Radio Reference Database. Some where the same and some were different, presuming the city had changed things up I altered my programmed freq's to match. The ID's where the same, Radio Reference had some I didn't so I added them.

Anyone know what's going on? Suggestions?

Alan, W4WMM
Mobile, AL
Radio Shack PRO-2067

garys

Premium Subscriber
Based on my last trip to the area in February, MFRD is on the county EDACS system using Pro Voice digital audio. Check this forum from mid February and I think you'll get some good information, so I won't repeat it here.

I think the police are supposed to move eventually as well.

AlanW

Thanks Gary, that explains a lot. I'll have to learn about all of that to see what my next route might be. Thanks for pointing this out for me.

Alan, W4WMM
Mobile, AL
Radio Shack PRO-2067

garys

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome. Unfortunately, no scanner can decode Pro Voice digital, so you (and I when I'm down there) as well as everyone else are out of luck. At some point, according to the other thread, Mobile is supposed to go to a P25 digital trunk, but that doesn't mean we'll be able to hear it then either.

You might want to try out DSD. It can be pretty hit or miss but from what I've read it can decode ProVoice digital. I've successfully used it to decode a P25 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.