Mobile PD and Esso Action Yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerWayne

Wow.. I don't know if any of you managed to catch it yesterday afternoon, Mobile ESSO had a chopper (Blue Ray 35) in the air all afternoon along with 6 ground units following someone. It was interesting to listen to. I had to turn off the scanner about 5pm so didn't hear how the operation ended.

ESSO also had several units operating on interstate I-10 between I-65 and the Mississippi state line. I did hear a bust go down that resulted in a 2 kilo brick of cocaine being found. As the deputy that made the find told it, he was just about to turn the subjects loose when he asked about a speaker box in the car. Just for grins he had the K-9 smell it and the dog went nuts. Another two runners bit the dust.

MPD was just as busy on Events 1 and 2. They were running a couple of operations.

Soo... Scanner listening in Mobile yesterday was quite interesting. I thourghly enjoyed it.

Wayne...

Last edited:

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Not trying to be critical but I would be very careful describing what you heard. First of all, it's illegal according to the FCC. Second, it's the major reason that law enforcement begins using encryption. Just a thought.....

ScannerWayne

MetroFire31...

Read your post and then went and thought about it. For several hours actually. Read through a couple of other threads that touched upon the issues you raised and thought it about it some more. Came in here and heavily edited the original post.

Point taken...

Wayne...

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Wayne:

I've been scanning since 1978 and have always tried to be discrete in revealing the things I've heard, especially the police stuff. Thx for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.