• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Mobletech LTR Railroad?

k2hz

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if it's me or what,I never hear any railroad transmissions?
I'm on the Hopewell site.
The only regular LA&L activity is on Avon. Mobiletech seems to have cut back on wide-area relay of most LTR-NET customers so you are likely to hear activity only in the area where a subscriber has a presence. The only RR related activity on Hopewell is likely to be Finger Lakes AVL data but they do not use voice on the Mobiltech system. Their voice activity is all on their own AAR channels.

Avon is sometimes difficult to monitor from Rochester now due to co-channel interference from Newark.

k2hz

Premium Subscriber
I guess I assume that the Mobletech system was simulcast?
If by "simulcast" you mean TGs being broadcast system wide over every LTR-NET site, that was never the case. A particular active TG might be carried over a combination of sites depending on what I believe was a combination of system configuration and/or presence of a subscriber to that TG affiliated with a site.

At one time, LA&L TGs would be occasionally be heard on the Hopewell site although it is not in LA&L operating territory. I assumed it could be because the Mobiletech shop, near Hopewell, had a subscriber unit affiliated with the TG.

Many LTR-NET sites appear to no longer be broadcasting neighbors lists and, in some cases, Site ID=0.