Mode D and A? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeus

I am trying to set up trunking on a RS PRO 2052. I have the Albemarle/Charlottesville, VA, frequencies, and the talkgroup IDs. However, I am only picking up the D mode items (the jail) and not the police (A mode).

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

--Zeus

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
zeus said:
I am trying to set up trunking on a RS PRO 2052. I have the Albemarle/Charlottesville, VA, frequencies, and the talkgroup IDs. However, I am only picking up the D mode items (the jail) and not the police (A mode).

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

--Zeus

Are you sure you don't have that backwards? D=Digital; A=Analog. You should only be picking up the analog transmissions, as the PRO-2052 isn't a digital scanner.

zeus

There I go!

Well, if that ain't a darn shame. You are correct, and I am hosed. Thank you for the prompt reply.

Zeus

seamusg

zeus said:

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

--Zeus
The jail is A(analog) and the police are D(digital). If you want the PD you'll need a new digital scanner. Here's the system:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=2081

dangitdoug

W4KRR said:
Are you sure you don't have that backwards? D=Digital; A=Analog. You should only be picking up the analog transmissions, as the PRO-2052 isn't a digital scanner.

Yeah, what he said!

gcgrotz

Yeah, too bad, The jail is about the most boring thing I have ever listened to except the local Yellow Cab Co. which, darn it all, has gone to voice inversion. CURSES!

But Zeus, there's still plenty for you to listen to around here. Railroads and air band for example. Just not the city/county public safety or Yellow Cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.