• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Monitoring Cap+ on a XPR 6350 or 4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello I have a question about monitoring the Cap+ system on a XPR 6350 or 4550 if anyone on here can help me out with.

I am just wondering if anyone on here who might monitor this system using one of these radios, knows how to set it up so no one like from spectrum or anyone will know you are listening or monitoring it.

Because I am using DSD+ to listen but would like to put it into both of my radios especially my 6350 so I can listen when I am gone out and when I am out of town and not around my computer to use DSD+.

If anyone on here knows what settings I have to disable and all that in the software to do this let me know please either on here or send me a PM.

Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
I am guessing now one on here either knows or doesn't want to help me.

gary123

ugg be patient.

some of us dont live on the site.

In a word you cant the unit has to affiliate with the system before decoding is allowed. to bypass it you would have to rewrite the firmware. The same applies to a connect plus system.

SCPD

QRT
Ok sorry.

Oh k so even when you set it to receive only it is still affiliating to the system.

Thought maybe there was a way just like on a Motorola XTS, you can set it up so you can monitor the system where it doesn't show up on the system where they can see it every time you turn the radio on or off and all that.

So there is no settings in the software anywhere to disable or something so it won't affiliate.

RayAir

Capacity Plus is fairly easy to program, but it is not like programming DMR conventional.

Instead of a long post detailing how to do it, I suggest you do a little research looking for an instructional walk-through video.

Hint- You Tube

As long as there's no RAS, just program your radio per the instructions, set it to RX only and you should be good to go.

SCPD

QRT
Ok I know how to set it up.

I just want to know if I need to disable something in the software so it won't show up on the system so spectrum won't see anything show up on there end telling them a new radio(s) just started affiliating each time I turn the radio(s) on and off.

And not sure what you mean by RAS.

RayAir

The only things I can think of are just make sure ARS and GPS are unchecked. You can also uncheck remote monitor and disable. And of course make it rx only or I suppose if you had tx enabled set tx freq's to some unused freq's. I'd just do rx only.

I wouldn't worry too much about affiliating with a Cap+ system if you take basic precautions and are responsible.

RAS is an optional security key that's set in the repeater and SU's. Without it the radio will not be able to access a repeater nor will it unmute for any repeater outbound transmissions.

N1GTL

Database Admin
As a side note, if you have a DMR ID programmed into your radio, it will not work on Cap+. The ID must be under 65535

SCPD

QRT
Ok I don't think I have a DMR ID programmed into my radio. I don't see what a DMR ID has to do with just monitoring a CAP+ system or helping me with my original question I asked for help with.

crazyboy

Ok I don't think I have a DMR ID programmed into my radio. I don't see what a DMR ID has to do with just monitoring a CAP+ system or helping me with my original question I asked for help with.

It is actually rather pertinent and directly related to your question, but you seem to know the answers to your questions already

SCPD

QRT
Ok didn't know the Radio ID had anything to do with it.

And I know some answers yes but not to the question I asked. That is what I am trying to find out.

N1GTL

Database Admin
It is actually rather pertinent and directly related to your question, but you seem to know the answers to your questions already

Well put... I program these things all day but what do I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.