Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesPrine

Hello all!

I'm currently based in Ponchatoula, and am interested in monitoring the New Orleans Police Department on LWIN with my PRO-197. I am not allowed to erect a base antenna and am restricted to the issue antenna that came with the scanner.

I programmed in the Hammond, Pam Am, Kenner, and North Simulcast sites with pretty good success, but I'm always eager to improve monitoring performance.

Can anyone suggest some other sites for even better coverage?

Thanks in advance!

gpswx4cster

If you can receive the North Simulcast with no problems from Hammond, then that's all you need. With the simulcast site you won't have to worry if a unit is affilated with a certain tower site.

dustul

Premium Subscriber
JamesPrine were/are you able to hear NOPD from Ponchatoula??
I am getting a digital unit soon and I was wondering the same thing about LWIN, as I live in Covington.

I'm guessing that even though LWIN is statewide, one department (take NOPD for example) is only coming out of the site in their area--so if my only reception is from northshore towers I'm out of luck.
Am I right on that???

JamesPrine

NOPD Monitoring

I routinely monitor NOPD Channel 3 in Ponchatoula, using the Hammond tower site. I also routinely receive St. Bernard, Plaquemines, Causeway, JPSO, JPSO Fire, depending upon which sites I monitor, and how I adjust my receiver's threshold settings. But yes, NOPD is a piece of cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.