Monitoring the 2011 NC State Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
How did it get to be October already? :)

I know everyone is gearing up to eat as many fried foods as possible so here is your "Monitoring the 2011 NC State Fair" thread. :)
I will update this thread as the days progress and as more verified monitoring catches are found.
Any additions or corrections are appreciated and can be sent to
KE4ZNR@radioreference.com. :)
Have a Safe and fun time out at the Fair!

2011 NC State Fair
NC State Fair Website

Majority of NC State Fair Communications will take place on the State of NC VIPER system.
Wake Counties part of VIPER operates in a Simulcast Mode which means all you should need to do is enter the following 4 Control Channels
in Control Channel only mode on any recent scanner to be able to monitor communications:
  • 868.5375Mhz =Primary Control Channel
  • 868.150Mhz= Primary Alternate Control Channel
  • 868.5625Mhz= Backup Alternate Control Channel
  • 868.7875Mhz= Backup Alternate Control Channel

The talkgroups that are being used are analog so any recent Trunktracking scanner should be able to monitor the following:

• Alpha 1 TGID 784= Interior Patrol Ops
  • Alpha 2 TGID 816= Gate Entrance/Exit Posts
  • Alpha 3 TGID 848= Dorton Arena Ops
  • Alpha 4 TGID 880= FD/EMS/Red Cross
  • Bravo 1 TGID 912= NCSHP Command Post (CP)

Back by popular demand! Monitor the above Talkgroup activity here at Radioreference.com!

Also: Scanner Programming Files for Freescan and Win500!

--Freescan State Fair File for use with Uniden Dynamic Memory Scanners. Right click above link and choose "Save As".
----Excel File showing what is programmed into the Freescan file above.
---Win500 File for use with GRE/Radio Shack Scanners. Again right click link above and choose "Save As".

NCSHP will also be using The analog SHP Troop C "Common 1" and "Common 2" t
alkgroups for unit to unit tactical chatter. Those talkgroups:
  • 2288= Troop C Common 1
  • 2320= Troop C Common 2

Fairgrounds Public Safety should also be active on their
digital talkgroup of 32.

To help you understand Comms between the NCSHP Command Post "CP" and the NCSHP Traffic Direction "Posts" you will find a adobe acrobat pdf
file showing all post locations below:
Link to pdf file showing NCSHP traffic direction posts

Of course you probably want to keep an ear out on the Family Radio Service/GMRS Frequencies (they are always busy):
FRS.JPG

And of course you will probably find the MURS Frequencies busy as well:
MURS.JPG

And if you are lucky enough to be around the Fairgrounds while an event is going on at the RBC Center you might hear some of their radio traffic on these frequencies:
RBCCenterFreqs.JPG

NC State Fairground personnel are also licensed to use 463.225Mhz and low power radio traffic has already been monitored on this frequency.

Please let me know if you come across the frequency in use by Power Great American Midways. I believe it is a business band frequency but still looking to get it verified.
Thanks!

As always, see something I have left out or know of a correction that needs to be made to the above list?
Feel free to email me KE4ZNR@radioreference.com and let me know!

Enjoy the Fair and Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR
KE4ZNR@radioreference.com

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
A little earlier this evening I added links to Freescan & Win500 files with State Fair
Radio info preprogrammed into them.

Marshall KE4ZNR

oft

Premium Subscriber
I'm not even up in Raleigh and I am getting lots of conversation on the tgid #880 asking for Red Cross workers asking for golf carts to transport the elderly and disabled around the state fair.

mrunyan

Premium Subscriber
Also hearing some traffic re: Dorton Arena on TGID 26800 _ WAKEEVENT 5A - Wake Co Fire/EMS Public Safety Event 5

Status
Not open for further replies.