Monmouth County trunked/NJ ICS on whistler TRX-2 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
Anybody in Monmouth County using a Whislter TRX-2 scanner for Monmouth County or NJ ICS?

Need some help!

Thanks!

danlewis

Feed Provider
Not much to hear on MC as most is encrypted. More to hear on ICS. Anyway, I have a TRX-2 (well sort of, out for repair). What info do you need?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I just bought a WS1098 for my car and my experience so far on NJICS and NJSP 800 has been piss poor at best.

My suggestion is get rid of it in favor of a 536 or SDS200. I knew I was going to have issues on those systems going in, but I need a remote head and my major focus is my counties VHF/UHF. I did not anticipate it was going to be as bad as it is on 700 above.

RBFD415

I'm running the TRX-1 variant, the converted RS 668. I'm also having problems on the Monmouth TRS and I DM'd JMR about it. In the defense of the radio I have to say when I had the NJICS system in it, that system worked. Also on DMR the radio works exceptionally well and for that reason alone I would keep the radio!

A few weeks back the Micro SD card became corrupted and I lost all the info. I read that installing a smaller capacity SD card improves the radio's performance and that seems to be the case. I'm presently running only the Monmouth TRS and some DMR and it does work. A question back to you guys- I thought I read a post somewhere which I can't find now a better way to enter the NJICS without entering every individual site? Since I travel around several different counties (Monmouth, Ocean, Middlesex, Somerset & Morris) programing all those individual sites is a pain.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
So here's the update! I got Convention AND Monmouth County TRS working. I have to throw the SD card back on EZ Scan and set it up for NJ ICS. Once I get that working, I am golden!.

@RBFD415. There is an Import function in the EZSCAN software that lets you import trunked systems from radioreference. I did that and then locked out all that i didnt want.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Whistler support wants me to send my 1098 in, they think I have a "Band Issue".

On my drive to South Jersey this past weekend, both Mercer and Burlington County systems performed flawlessly. NJSP and NJICS were both horrible, so I have to agree with their assessment. Hopefully I will have better luck when it comes back.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
My TRX-2 installed mobile works well on the NJSP 800 system and on non-TDMA talk groups of the NJICS system. Camden county works surprisingly well for a TDMA system. Gloucester county is absolutely horrible. Burlington county has always been good, smartzone...yay !

Sure wish that SDS200 had a remote head.

Status
Not open for further replies.