MONOC-Atlantic ALS crews in Essex County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJS413

After their initial dispatch everything is either done through their MDT in the truck or via cell phone. Occasionally they'll call in their destination on the radio but even that is rare.

W2IRT

What transmitter site are you hearing Jersey Shore 4 ? West Orange? or Union County?

I've been listening to West Orange all day since the TG info was clarified and I think I've only heard one or two transmissions, if that. For operations in the Caldwells or Fairfield I would expect them to affiliate to that tower, but so far nada. Plus I heard Medic 7 clear from a call on "790" W.C. PD channel.

ShoreBullets

OK. An Interop group; that's pretty obscure! Thanks for the info.

I wonder if we could put a note in the database for Essex County (and other related counties) about this? ALS dispatch is a pretty significant first responder frequency/talkgroup to have in the scan rotation.

Is this also their tactical operating assignment? After they're loaded with a patient, for example, do they use radio to contact a hospital base with patient info, or is that done via cellphone?

Once they are assigned to a call they use the MDT to mark enroute, on scene, and to hospital. They talk to the hospitals and medical control via cell phone. We're largely moving away from radios as our primary means of communication.

W2IRT

Guess that's good for HIPAA compliance. Still haven't heard a peep in days on Shore 4 (TG 4781) from here in West Caldwell, however.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Guess that's good for HIPAA compliance. Still haven't heard a peep in days on Shore 4 (TG 4781) from here in West Caldwell, however.

Just heard Medic 7 get dispatched for a run on Shore 4. I have been listening for about an hour now, and have heard multiple medic units being dispatched, so it appears this is what they are using for dispatch. There are no tones being used , unlike the VHF frequencies. I’ll keep listening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
All these EMS units getting talkgroups on NJICS but still using other systems, multiple systems, changing dispatch, etc is really confusing the heck out of me. Does anyone have a good breakdown of what agency now covers what areas and what talkgroup, frequency, etc they are using? If we have to break it off on a separate thread maybe we should do that with a spreadsheet:

For example, Agency (Atlantic Health) Unit (MIC-11), Dispatched by (MICCOM?), Freq. (155.265), affiliated with (Morristown Hospital), covers (Morris County towns), call out to other (Morris P25 TRS - EMS RESP 1-5), other (DMR).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Just heard another dispatch for medic 7 to Montclair. I guess it’s safe to assume Atlantic paramedics are using shore 4 for dispatch. Again there are no alert tones in use. At least not so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
What RIDs are you getting for the Atlantic Health units using Shore 4?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
They are coming in today over Hunterdon and they appear to be using temporary NJSP cache/event portables

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
What I really don't understand is why Atlantic is using MONOC at all? They already dispatch their own transports and BLS units for the town's they cover in Sussex County on the spectrum DMR system.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
They are coming in today over Hunterdon and they appear to be using temporary NJSP cache/event portables

The medics I saw were using the yellow radios. They looked exactly like the ones we used when we were testing for coverage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Den on NJICS a couple weeks, also hearing on Martinsville full time. 2350002 dispatch UID

Status
Not open for further replies.