Monroe County Fire Transition to P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF-Burns

*sigh* It must be a slow weekend down in Iredell County...no MVA's to assist at, I guess. :whistle:

My employees take care of that when I’m away working. You know constructing trunking system that people want.

RF-Burns

Haha I don’t bring my business partners online, that would be a little unprofessional. I travel all over North America constructing and overseeing projects. Monroe County emergency services and more importantly the tax payers were given a raw deal from day one. Just like most communications projects in the dreaded NYS this was another failed one killed by politics and promises that never came. Typical NYS... Nothing changes. It’s the number one reason why I’ll be a private consultant for departments I know but never accept a project in NYS. One of three states I refuse to ever be involved with due to the political climate.

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber
I figured. I let the earlier statement of yours go: "I've been involved with P25 Phase I & II infrastructure build outs for the past 20 years." But, honestly, that's not true either since you primarily lived in NY until less than 10 years ago. Listening on a scanner or programming portables doesn't qualify as "involved in infrastructure" but HEY, like you said earlier, what's the difference?! 10, 20, 30... whatever you wish it was... go for it.

Good luck...

RF-Burns

Good Lord... I worked for the largest Communications company in Monroe County building multiple systems for them. Then after a trip to the south I was recruited to work for a very large communications company that services the entire country. I moved out of NY because who wouldn’t if they had the capital? I saw the state failing, the Safe Act, taxes, weather and so on. I can live anywhere I want with my job, I’d be a fool to stay in that dump of a state.

Programming? If anyone should be talking about programming it shouldn’t be you. The guy who did more unauthorized programming of alpha pagers for hundreds of people without county consent. Hey you even did mine back in 2000.

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber
Getting WAY off topic, but sure, I'll give a reply since the mods are letting it go...

You worked for Harris, is your claim?

As for pager programming, I appreciate your usual exaggeration of "hundreds" that I programmed in the past, but it's not unauthorized when the person owns the pager and was part of the organization for calls. But really, that's it? THAT's the comeback to put me in my place? 20 years ago?

Still dispatching in Charlotte to gain infrastructure experience? The 20 years of experience started when you were 16-17?

Where are you taking this thread? First shots at the county admin, then the agencies, then me... you seem very angry and insecure.

Last edited:

yatesfire5

i have a question for anyone that might be able to help i have a p25 scanner in my apt with a good outdoor antenna that is pointing west its in a inclosed porch i live in geneva my question is some times i get Monroe county and rochester on the scanner and some times i do not is it that they are turning the system on and off at times or is it atmosphere conditions

k2hz

Database Admin
Are you monitoring on the Ontario North cell and get Ontario units consistently but not Monroe? The presence of Monroe TGs on a site depend on if a Monroe unit is affiliated with the Ontario cell at the time. The same is true in Monroe if you are listening to a Monroe cell and Ontario TGs are heard if an Ontario unit is in the area. Ontario Law and Fire/EMS are often on Monroe East due to units in Rochester.

The presence of Monroe units in Ontario is probably not very consistent. Nothing is "turned on and off". The presence of TG activity on a tower depends on if affiliated subscriber units are in the area.

If you are attempting to receive a Monroe cell in Geneva, you are out of range.

k2hz

Database Admin
so in other words there is no way to get monroe county on this scanner all the time ?
Not unless you live in a location close to Monroe County and have a scanner like the SDS100/200 that can handle the simulcast problem and you are in a favorable location with a good antenna. These systems are designed to cover only their designated areas. System subscriber units can roam in Monroe and Ontario and their Talk Groups will follow them. But, it is a waste of system resources to broadcast a TG on a tower if no subscriber units are listening.

k2hz

Database Admin
I am hearing activity on 2 TGs that are not in the RRDB that appear to be Monroe County Fire Bureau.

TG 1802 Sounds like some sort of Fire Bureau officials, 2 or 3 units, but only "talk" and first names heard that are no clue to what the use is.

TG 1811 Appears to be training exercises but seldom active.

Does anyone know what these are?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.