montco,pa vhf link that is new

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
montco vhf link out of royersford. 156.135 region 2,3,4,5 an event 2, coumty emergency very new link just put in service....

Q-ball

Hey, does anyone notice a series of beeps on the nationwide law enforcement channel..it happens a few times per hour everyday...and it concludes with what sounds like 2 numbers on a telephone keypad being pressed...odd stuff!!

ladder09

Q-ball said:
Hey, does anyone notice a series of beeps on the nationwide law enforcement channel..it happens a few times per hour everyday...and it concludes with what sounds like 2 numbers on a telephone keypad being pressed...odd stuff!!

Berks County, I think.

Q-ball

What would berks county hafta do with it, im curious, b/c this is the "nationwide law enforcement channel"....which i never even hear anything on.

Steveradio

The identifier goes about every fifteen minutes and has two DTMF like tones after it goes. PL91.5

Berks uses this frequency for co-ordination with Reading Police and State Police since PSP Reading is now using Open Sky system.

I also monitored Harrisburg CDC using same PL out and using it as a dispatch frequency unknown if linked to sky system or not.

Steve

Our locals use National a lot in the Lehigh Valley to contact State Police and once in a great while speed enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.