Montgomery county and surrounding county fire channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFlaim

I am looking for a list of all fire channels for montgomery county maryland and any surrounding area that has the channels listed out by what they call them ID wise and also the frequencies and any DLs/PLs they might have. Any advice on where to find this or a link would be great. Thanks guys!

AFlaim

I found the list. Is it the last digits of the frequency after the decimal point? And if so how do I find the beginning of the frequency?

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
What brand and model is your scanner?
Each one uses different procedures.

ocguard

Trunking is a type of radio system where talk paths aren't specific to a single frequency. A trunked radio system dynamically assigns a frequency to a talk path (talk group) each time a call occurs. You must have a scanner capable or "trunk-tracking" the specific type of radio system in use. The scanner will follow a talk group as the system chooses a frequency for it's use each time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trunked_radio_system

Montgomery County uses a digital trunked system requiring a digital-capable trunk tracking scanner to monitor it. You CAN listen to their dispatch channel (not trunked) if you just want to hear the initial dispatch of fire/EMS calls. You will not hear units responding or operating at incidents. That frequency is 154.160.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Before you get too far over your head, I would suggest reading this article from our wiki (links are always blue, both here in the forums and in our wiki)

Scanning 101 - The RadioReference Wiki

When you have digested the topics here, then we can move on to recommending a scanner and your setup. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.