Montgomery County/Dayton P25 System Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sopranosno1

Since were getting another round of snow i figure i will throw out some possible snow plow talk groups. 58108 engineer? 58158 58159 butler township? 58208 harrison township? 58224 Huber heights street-2 58255 58256 miami township street 1 and 2? Any one have additional, corrections, let me and club know. Also is these vhf hi band channels still in use? 158.745 miamisburg, 153.800 vandalia, 155.745 englewood clayton area, these in the past were really powerfull signal.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Since were getting another round of snow i figure i will throw out some possible snow plow talk groups. 58108 engineer? 58158 58159 butler township? 58208 harrison township? 58224 Huber heights street-2 58255 58256 miami township street 1 and 2? Any one have additional, corrections, let me and club know. Also is these vhf hi band channels still in use? 158.745 miamisburg, 153.800 vandalia, 155.745 englewood clayton area, these in the past were really powerfull signal.
I'm still trying to figure which public works department is on 58104.
I believe the 5810# series is the County Engineer's Office.

Mark,
N8ICW

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using Tapatalk

al_35

Everyone, still seeing t.g. 58475 unknown agency?live too far away to hear it clearly.anyone closer might want to try to catch who this is!

al_35

Caught 2 new talk groups today, 58246,58249.Some of the talk sounded like some swat type activity going on! Some in the clear,some encrypted. These are not listed on R.R. and are close to other kettering talk groups.

al_35

Here in the last week, i've seen new talk group show up, 58478. radio id's 5770806,5770807. one time it came in good enough to hear somone say something like '' restroom check''. Anyone closer watch out for this new talk group!

jasonk

Feed Provider
TG #58478 - Childrens Hospital security - not sure if main Campus or South - sounds like Main campus.

al_35

First , thanks for the reply. Next ,there is 58475(unid). Maybe another hospital security talk group.

sopranosno1

Picked up last night unidentified talk group, 58511. This was really active during the Dayton pd (swat) call out Thursday night. Never saw this one before so I was thinking maybe it belongs to Dayton pd swat/hnt. And yes it was Enc! And the radio id's were in the 57031xxx area.

Sunday night oct21 i saw on the news about a swat situation in dayton and went to my mont dayton scan list and saw the 58511 show up and it was encrypted. Has to be dayton swat t.g. only time this shows up is when there is a standoff in dayton.

cooner166

I have a Whistler WS1040 and I have tried putting in only towers in MC and putting in MC and all surrounding county towers. It always seems that I get clear as a bell signal from agys outside MC but MC signals are in and out and if I try to hold on a talkgroup it seems like the radio looses the control channel and I miss alot. Any ideas?

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I am located in Fairborn, about a mile from the main gate at WPAFB, and I monitor both Greene and Montgomery County with a directional yagi on my house about 25ft high aimed at the transmitting towers southwest of me by the Nutter Center. I get MC just fine, mostly listen to South Dispatch (RDC) and Germantown PD where I have a close relative who is a police officer there. I am now using an SDS100, but have been using the BCD536HP for over a year with good/ok results. Some LSM issues before, but certainly not now. Don't know much about the WS-1040, but if there is a location/range setting on it make sure the coordinates are correct. Other than that, location + antenna is the main factor.

JD
kf4anc

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
JD,

Yes, they have a DMR system; however, they use it primarily for Maintenance, etc... Security has a TG on there, more as a backup, than for primary use...

Dave T.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I have a Whistler WS1040 and I have tried putting in only towers in MC and putting in MC and all surrounding county towers. It always seems that I get clear as a bell signal from agys outside MC but MC signals are in and out and if I try to hold on a talkgroup it seems like the radio looses the control channel and I miss alot. Any ideas?

Your issue is most likely simulcast interference, which is a well-known problem (search the forums, you'll find plenty of discussion about it).

When receiving the MontCo site, you're hearing at least two towers at once which confuses the scanner; when listening to the site in an adjacent county, you're far enough away that you're only hearing one tower so simulcast interference isn't an issue.

The only way around it is to use as little antenna as possible (and use the attenuator if needed) to try and receive only one MontCo tower; alternately or in conjunction with that, a directional antenna pointed at the nearest MontCo tower could minimize the issue.

cooner166

Would this also cause a problem with the scanner showing me a very low if any signal strength? Thank you for the info by the way I appreciate it.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Would this also cause a problem with the scanner showing me a very low if any signal strength? Thank you for the info by the way I appreciate it.

With simulcast interference, signal strength typically bounces around. One minute it's great, the next minute it's not.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
In my nearly year-long pursuit of Germantown PD talk groups I have talked a few times with my nephew, who is Gtwn PD officer, without any earth shattering revelations. Like most police officers, he is not that knowledgeable about his own communications equipment and cannot enlighten his uncle with any new info. The Regional Dispatch Center South, South Records, or his 'private' channel whenever discussing any sensitive information, that's all he needs to know to do his job. I suspect that 'private' channel is encrypted. So, I have concluded that, for now, the RDC South dispatch TG and the South Records TG is all I'm going to get for Germantown PD. Unless I am missing something?

JD
kf4anc

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
In my nearly year-long pursuit of Germantown PD talk groups I have talked a few times with my nephew, who is Gtwn PD officer, without any earth shattering revelations. Like most police officers, he is not that knowledgeable about his own communications equipment and cannot enlighten his uncle with any new info. The Regional Dispatch Center South, South Records, or his 'private' channel whenever discussing any sensitive information, that's all he needs to know to do his job. I suspect that 'private' channel is encrypted. So, I have concluded that, for now, the RDC South dispatch TG and the South Records TG is all I'm going to get for Germantown PD. Unless I am missing something?

JD

kf4anc

Can you meet up with you nephew while he’s on Duty and look at his radio? That would be the simplest way to do it if he’s not that radio savvy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Not knowing Motorola radios at all, what would I be looking for? Frequency readout? Will it actually display a radio ID or a TalkGroup number when he transmits?

JD
kf4anc

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Not knowing Motorola radios at all, what would I be looking for? Frequency readout? Will it actually display a radio ID or a TalkGroup number when he transmits?

JD

kf4anc

Look at the display when you change channels it should read what channel name is in that channel. And depending on how Montgomery County programmed the radios the radio id could be on the display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.