Montgomery County/Dayton P25 System Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
A few agencies have already begun using MARCS-IP, MVRTA for one. County agencies will begin switching over this coming Monday October 17, 2016 and spread the process over several days, with a hopeful completion on Wednesday the 19th.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
More details:

Non Regional Dispatch users in Montgomery County will be switching over Monday & Tuesday October 17th & 18th with RDC users switching on the 19th.

WM8L

Mark do you know what West Carrollton and Moraine will be doing? I see WCFD has an ID on the new MARCS but don't see anything for the PD's.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
WCPD is dispatched by Centerville. I don't know if they'll have their own tgid or not. The listings in the database is far from complete.

jasonk

Feed Provider
Does anyone have a 996XT file for the Montgomery County Marcs IP they are willing to share.

sopranosno1

Has anybody been keeping tabs on who went over and who is still analog?? We noticed from montgomery county, stop program, regional t.g.-80, 4016, 6352. These were active today.

sopranosno1

Just curious who is still on the dayton trs analog and montgomery county analog. With my gre-600 im getting about 30-50% decode rate. I can see the talk groups, voice channels but having hard time hearing conversations.

granpawdave

A few agencies have already begun using MARCS-IP, MVRTA for one. County agencies will begin switching over this coming Monday October 17, 2016 and spread the process over several days, with a hopeful completion on Wednesday the 19th.

I knew something was up, any list available yet?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Thread Stuck

All,

With the absolute certainty that this thread will undoubtedly become much busier in the near future, I've made it a sticky for your convenience.

Tom

hardt0303

Wondering if anyone has heard anything out of the Dayton Airport police ? They use to be on Dayton old system. I have been monitoring the Montgomery County site pretty close on the HP-1 diagnostic and haven't seen anything encrypted yet!

cranston2

Long time listener to the Dayton and Montgomery County Motorola trunking system. Mostly Dayton and close in suburbs Fire and PD.

I figured that it was a matter of time that the Motorola system would go away, so I picked up scanners (HomePatrol-2, PSR-800, Pro-651) over the years that I had hoped would work with the new system, as they were advertised as P25. When the switchover hit, I dutifully went to the HomePatrol and GREcom apps, downloaded updates, and proceeded to input the new talkgroups.

To no avail. I'm getting nothing. Zippy. Bupkus. And I know there are transmissions going on, as I reprogrammed my old go-to Pro-94, to scan the FM repeats of both Dayton Fire and the county fire dispatch, and they are as lively as they always seemed to be.

I can go into the GREcom application, and although it's supposed to be taking data from RadioReference, I note that 10 of the Montgomery County frequencies (851.325, 851,575, 851.8, 851.9375, 852.1625, 852.35, 852.625, 853.2, 853.5, 858.9625) don't show up as defined in the software setup. That shouldn't matter because we should have the control channel (853.600) programmed. I set the P25 group up with a scanlist, with 58023, 58024, 58232 and 58238 (Kettering police dispatch) selected. And all I get is an occasional (every 20 minutes or so) communication from KPD. The fire is silent. Radio is updated with latest firmware, software, and library (from last Saturday).

The HomePatrol is (allegedly) just supposed to work, as as the programmer, you just have to pick what you want and create a new Favorites list. Which I have done, and also made sure the scanner is picking up the service type (as with the Motorola system, you could select a talkgroup, but if you didn't have the corresponding service type selected in the scanner, it wouldn't work -- I have verified I have the right service types selected). But that radio gets absolutely zero.

I haven't messed with the Pro-651, as the software choices for that thing are more intricate to deal with. Maybe it'll turn out that's the right one to use. But as I said, I haven't tried it.

Is there something special I should be doing with programming for the P25 system in the PSR-800 or HomePatrol-2 that I'm not doing, or is there something unique I have to go thru with MARCS-IP for Dayton? Are the indicated talkgroups the right ones?

granpawdave

Montgomery County Dispatch

I to haven't heard a lot going on since the switch over at most 3 calls, anything special with programming of the pro 197?

Status
Not open for further replies.