Montgomery County/Dayton P25 System Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbluff1099

Montgomery County

Hello, does anyone know if the new database is downloaded for Uniden, or for Whistler.software programs, for the Dayton, Ohio or Montgomery County area.

Thanks

I am having trouble getting Montgomery County LE on Home patrol 2. I am monitoring Marcs Multi and Montgomery County Law Enforcement. Now and then I might hear something. Getting Preble County and Greene County just fine. Not sure what the issue is.

ohioscanman

Premium Subscriber
I to haven't heard a lot going on since the switch over at most 3 calls, anything special with programming of the pro 197?

I'm using two rtl-sdr dongles with DSD plus and Unitrunker on my PC. Scanning everything fine and It is as busy as ever. 853.600 is control Channel for the new system. I really like this RTL-SDR stuff!! Just trying to get the trunking recorder to work with the new MARCS is proving to be a PITA!

hardt0303

Are they going to Separate Dayton P.D. from the County in the Database ? For programing reasons I feel it would be easier separated. Just my two since....

ohioscanman

Premium Subscriber
Are they going to Separate Dayton P.D. from the County in the Database ? For programing reasons I feel it would be easier separated. Just my two since....

I don't think so. They used to be seperate systems but now they are all on the MARCS under one CC. I also noticed the agencies like Preble, OSP and such that was on the original Dayton MARCS site are now popping up on the new site. They weren't the first week or so.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I don't think so. They used to be seperate systems but now they are all on the MARCS under one CC.

More to the point, Dayton FD and PD are now being dispatched by the county dispatch center and have relatively few separate talkgroups compared to when they had their own dispatch centers.

ohioscanman

Premium Subscriber
More to the point, Dayton FD and PD are now being dispatched by the county dispatch center and have relatively few separate talkgroups compared to when they had their own dispatch centers.

Yes, since 2010, they have been at RDC, sitting in same room, dispatching off 2 different systems that were completely different. Now it's all one big happy site.

dwayne0564

Dayton, Ohio, Phase I,issue

went into Sentinel and changed the freq. to what you guys had posted about freq. lately, no avai. do I need to
delete prior freq. and go with just the three, mentioned above, still no signals, suggestions, I have several scanners, PI and P II , no signal on either.

sopranosno1

If you dont get it going by the 11th, come to the monix north Meeting on the 12th. It is in middletown at donatos. At 6 pm. Someone will get it going.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
went into Sentinel and changed the freq. to what you guys had posted about freq. lately, no avai. do I need to
delete prior freq. and go with just the three, mentioned above, still no signals, suggestions, I have several scanners, PI and P II , no signal on either.

Are you programming in frequencies from the old City of Dayton system or the Dayton site for
MARCS-IP?

All you need to program are the control frequencies from the Montgomery County and Dayton MARCS-IP sites. System type will be P25.

dwayne0564

I did get the home patrol I work, still having issues with the 436hp, haven't started on the GRE 500 yet, making some progress, did find one issue, I think part of my issue with the Whistler 1080 is that the Antenna
base is a little loose, I have to hold it always to the eft to get the Antenna to pick up the trucking signal,
now I have to work on the issue of checking into getting it fixed.

drumming102

Feed Provider
Wondering if anyone has heard anything out of the Dayton Airport police ? They use to be on Dayton old system. I have been monitoring the Montgomery County site pretty close on the HP-1 diagnostic and haven't seen anything encrypted yet!

They HAVE moved over to the MARCS system.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
I don't think so. They used to be seperate systems but now they are all on the MARCS under one CC. I also noticed the agencies like Preble, OSP and such that was on the original Dayton MARCS site are now popping up on the new site. They weren't the first week or so.

Until they got all 30 of there Trunk channels moved over to the IP system other system used were denied access except Montgomery County users. Now that they have all 30 channels moved over they opened the site up to non Montgomery County users.

Dave N8DHW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

redbluff1099

Anyone Hearing Mont County at all on a Uniden P2?

Are you programming in frequencies from the old City of Dayton system or the Dayton site for
MARCS-IP?

All you need to program are the control frequencies from the Montgomery County and Dayton MARCS-IP sites. System type will be P25.

I have the Uniden P2 and updated it on Sunday. I try listening to Ohio Marcs, Montgomery County LE(57) and get nothing. Tried a couple of different antennas but I hear nothing. Preble and Greene come on fine. There must be some programming of the scanner that I am not aware of. I am new to the Uniden P2 so any help or instructions would be appreciated

sopranosno1

Hey redbluff1099, if you havent got running by friday come to the monix north meeting. Donatos middletown 6pm. Someone will have it running.

Status
Not open for further replies.