Montgomery County/Dayton P25 System Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne0564

Digital Distortion

Finally got some things to work, had to tweak some settings, guess I'm in a bad spot, now my issue is the Pro 106 and the GRE 500 I have, any suggestions on a 700-800mhz portable antenna that might help, or is it because I cannot update the software a issue also. ( unless someone is starting doing GRE firmware updates, ) wishful thinking.!!!

hardt0303

I am having the same problem with my HP1! If I am in discovery it seems to work just fine, but on scan it is deaf on Montgomery County. My 436 and 536 has no issue scanning it.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
The number one item to keep in mind when it comes to MARCS tower sites, and yes even the simulcast sites. These sites are not set up to cover more than a few miles beyond their county's borders. So, if you are located 10-15 miles from the county border or 20-30 miles from a tower site. You are on the fringe of reception. These sites do not crank out the power the old analog systems may have done.

So those of you with the newer Unidens may want to set your range for a bit further for what you want to listen to.

I have just reset the range for the Montgomery County site and extended it just about a mile and a half more to 16.98. So that may help a little when using software that downloads from Radiorefence.

hz36t5

Riverside Ohio Police And Fire Departments

Any idea who is dispatching Riverside Ohio Police and Fire? It used to be Huber Heights but not sure since the switch to MARCS-IP. I only see Riverside Police Department is the lists.

redbluff1099

I finally gave up. Have tried everything I know. Tried adjusting the RANGE, used a different antenna, changed locations, did a clear data and started from scratch. For Mont County the HP-2 is just going to be deaf. I get all the other Marcs participants just not Mont Co. Preble, Greene, OSP, etc all good. Fooled around for hours trying everything I could read or find out with other users. No one seems to be able to get Motn Co Law Enforcement (57) on a Home Patrol. I have heard it once or twice but I assume because of SIMUCAST it is a paper weight.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Should still be Huber Heights as I'm not aware that they switched to the RDC after switching to MARCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I was in the Dayton area most of the day and had my HP-2 and BCD436HP with me.

The HP-2 worked great in the car with a mag mounted Laird TRAB7603 Phantom antenna on the roof. The 436 using a Comet CH-32 inside the car received perfectly using a FL with the new firmware and a manual and 8 threshold setting. It didn't do nearly as well using the database though.

Montgomery County actually sounded better than the MARCS simulcast sites do in Franklin County. I did notice as soon as I crossed into Greene County the Montgomery County reception dropped significantly.

hardt0303

Noticed today, the talk group listed as Miamisburg Police Local sounds like the RTA. Nothing I heard on it was a police Dept. The 58316 would align with the RTA also. Hoping to get someone else to confirm before I submit it.

hardt0303

Noticed today, the talk group listed as Miamisburg Police Local sounds like the RTA. Nothing I heard on it was a police Dept. The 58316 would align with the RTA also. Hoping to get someone else to confirm before I submit it.

I believe Miamisburg Local should be 58265.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I know how it is designed. I was just trying to emphasize and confirm that fact for those trying to receive this system from outside of the county. The days of listening to agencies 15 or 20 miles away are gone.

True, unfortunately. . .

cranston2

I finally gave up. Have tried everything I know. Tried adjusting the RANGE, used a different antenna, changed locations, did a clear data and started from scratch. For Mont County the HP-2 is just going to be deaf. I get all the other Marcs participants just not Mont Co. Preble, Greene, OSP, etc all good. Fooled around for hours trying everything I could read or find out with other users. No one seems to be able to get Motn Co Law Enforcement (57) on a Home Patrol. I have heard it once or twice but I assume because of SIMUCAST it is a paper weight.

I also set the HP-2 aside for a couple weeks. Last night I ended up updating Sentinel, and then a cycle of about 20 different times of creating a new Favorites List, attempting to squirt it into the radio, only to find that it didn't take. Including a half dozen variations of overwriting everything. So, I finally reformatted the card, resquirted the Favorites List, which now updated, and the radio now seems to work (I have the FM simulcast running, so I know when transmissions are going out). Although this radio, and the Grecom 800 both sound like all talkers are underwater. Sometimes the transmissions drop out, too. I am at the top of the hill near Rt 48 on the south end, so I can't see how reception could be an issue. Do we know where the transmission towers are?

Interestingly enough, the Grecom 800 is now working as well. I updated the application, set a couple scanlists up, and now it works.

All: Am I going to gain anything (fewer dropouts or better audio) with a different antenna than the stock 800Mhz antennas in the HP-2 or Grecom? If so, what antenna is recommended?

granpawdave

Tweaks

I was planning on attending the meeting Saturday but Friday night I sciatic nerve changed my plans. (OUCH)

Playing with the Pro197, I hear a few things but not as much as I should, are there any tweaks that will help with this? I'm right in the middle of the covered area MCSO and it's like dead. I only added the primary and ALT control numbers. I hear a few things on Dayton, but no fire dept dispatch.

Any help would be appreciated.

SevnFour

Premium Subscriber
Works well

After seeing your post, went ahead and dropped the $25 and ordered this. Previously was using the 800Mhz radio shack rubber duck, and alternating between the supplied whip (yuck) on my 996P2. From my location in SW Greene Co, my reception is improved - not as many dropouts. While not a silver bullet, this does seem to help noticeably with the dropouts. For those of you suffering from extreme simulcast blues, this might help you as well - YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.