Montgomery County Fire Simulcast on a minitor 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashandrew

Premium Subscriber
Hello and good day

I have a minitor 4 that i am wanting to set up on the Montgomery county Fire simulcast frequency 154.1300.

I am want to see how or if i can filter out everything But The Miami valley fire division.

Anyone with knowledge on this that is willing to help that would be great.

And just to let everyone know i don't have a budget for a unication g5 ...I wish i did!!

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
You would need to know what Tone frequencies Miami Valley Fire District uses for Tone Outs. Then setup your Minitor accordingly to just go off when it hears MVFD tones.

Look in the Wiki page for Montgomery County and see if there fire tones might be listed there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
You would need to know what Tone frequencies Miami Valley Fire District uses for Tone Outs. Then setup your Minitor accordingly to just go off when it hears MVFD tones.

Look in the Wiki page for Montgomery County and see if there fire tones might be listed there.

There's an extensive list of tones for MVFD on the Wiki, which appears to be the former Miamisburg and Miami Twp lists combined. No idea if they're still valid or not. However, there's a lot of tones, so you probably won't be able to get everything they do on a daily basis in a Minitor 4.

If it is still valid, it's a bit surprising that they didn't take the opportunity over the last 7 years to come up with a unified (and simplified) tone plan, though.

And speaking of that list, does anyone have any idea what "AMAR" on that list means? I'm making an educated guess that it stands for "automatic mutual aid response" but this is government we're talking about; it could easily mean something outlandish.

Last edited:

santafe2016

When I listened to Columbus in the OLDEN days of High Band I often heard them say that, and you are correct in that is what it meant/ means, I would love for more dispatches to say that, oh the good old days when CFD would announce a call with their name!!

crashandrew

Premium Subscriber
There's an extensive list of tones for MVFD on the Wiki, which appears to be the former Miamisburg and Miami Twp lists combined. No idea if they're still valid or not. However, there's a lot of tones, so you probably won't be able to get everything they do on a daily basis in a Minitor 4.

If it is still valid, it's a bit surprising that they didn't take the opportunity over the last 7 years to come up with a unified (and simplified) tone plan, though.

And speaking of that list, does anyone have any idea what "AMAR" on that list means? I'm making an educated guess that it stands for "automatic mutual aid response" but this is government we're talking about; it could easily mean something outlandish.

once the conversion change over to the p25 took place all kinds of behind the scene processes took place ....not to mention the consolidation to Miami Valley Fire. i know a few Fire chiefs that got bumped over that. Anyway ...i did take a look at those tones on the WiKi page. none of those tones seem to be current. i have programmed this damn thing so many times i finally gave up. None of the 2 tones or even the long tones hit. so with that said ..i guess i will have to go the other route and decode them. i was just hoping to get someone that may program in the area... i don't even know if P&R still has a contract with the county . i would assume so ....it been a very long time since i contacted them for work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.