Montgomery County Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4JES

Could anyone please advise me about the system that the local police and SO are now using? I am still receiving fire/ems conventional.

KR4BD

NXDN is a digital system that can NOT be monitored on any commericially available scanner. Unfortunately, many Kentucky agencies are going to NXDN. Close to me, Nicholasville PD is now unmonitorable due to its new NXDN system.

N4JES

I have not confirmed that Mount Sterling/Montgomery County Law Enforcement have switched to NexEdge. Unfortunately, I do not fully trust some of the sources I received this information from. Soon as I get a chance to talk to one of the local officers, I am going to get a look at their radios. I don't have enough scanning experience to differentiate audibly what system is being used. If it's possible to so even. I was hoping I would get an answer here. When I do find out, I'll post it so everyone will know. :)

N4JES

I have confirmed from two internal sources that the SO and PD in Mount Sterling/Montgomery County have switched to and are using NEXEDGE.

N4JES

Also have verified in FCC ULS that the application made 2Jun2010 for License KIB366 (Mount Sterling/Montgomery County) Modification for emission type 8K30F1E (12.5khz single channel digital voice) NXDN. I am saddened.

N4JES

Suppose one would get an Kenwood NXDN radio. Is the software readily available? I've gotten the Motorola CPS. Just a pricey startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.