Montgomery County Programming Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

milescoolin

I am a new owner of the Radio Shack Pro-106 and have been trying to program the local frequencies for Montgomery County PA. I found the Montgomery County page on RR Montgomery County, Pennsylvania (PA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference but do not understand its usefulness. There are many frequencies on this page that I am not sure how to use. I have also found the trunking frequencies page Montgomery County PA Trunking System, Various, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies and have used this information to program some regions.

The police dispatch regions centering around Lansdale are split into Region 3 North-Central and Region 1 North-West. Can these regions be further split by the local police forces? For example Region 3 includes Lansdale, Towamencin, North Wales.....etc. police departments. I found this page Montgomery County (PA) Police ID's - The RadioReference Wiki detailing the individual groups IDs. Can this be used to hear the separate sub-groups?

The Radio Shack Pro-106 comes with a preprogrammed scanner configuration for my area and the trunking frequencies are split into east and west blocks. I used this information to program my local trunking operations (regions 1 and 3). Which trunking frequency group (east or west) correspond to the different talkgroups? Do all the "west" groups use the west frequencies? Which do the countywide talkgroups use?

Lastly, there is crossover frequency information between the Montgomery County home page Montgomery County, Pennsylvania (PA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference and the trunking info page Montgomery County PA Trunking System, Various, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies For example the Lansdale Boro police department on the home page lists a single frequency of 155.6400 and says VHF but the Lansdale police department is part of region 3 trunking. What is the difference and how can this 155.6400 frequency be used? I did see that the Montgomery Township police department is non trunked and programmed the single frequency with success.

Any information anyone can provide on how I am misunderstanding the information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

milescoolin

scanjunkie

Hey Miles....As you said the West uses the West freqs and East uses the East...Countywide TG' are broadcast on both.

Some of the PD's on the regions have individual TG;s that they use for local talk-around...the main dispatch and info comes across the County region TG. It's always good to have both programmed so you don't miss anything. But the simple answer is No, you can not split the regions and listen to individual depts.

Just like some of the PD's use the individual TG's for local talk around some depts use a conventional freq to do the same thing, i.e Lansdale PD.

Hope this helps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.