Montgomery County TXWARN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonL008

Premium Subscriber
I have the Pro-197 and am located in Conroe. I am wondering where the tower is for Montgomery County Law enforcement. I can hear Conroe fine on the Edacs system however here in Conroe I can not hear the county at all on the p25 site. I was just wondering where the tower is located and if there was anything I could do to be able to hear them.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I have the Pro-197 and am located in Conroe. I am wondering where the tower is for Montgomery County Law enforcement. I can hear Conroe fine on the Edacs system however here in Conroe I can not hear the county at all on the p25 site. I was just wondering where the tower is located and if there was anything I could do to be able to hear them.

Two things...

1. I'm assuming your radio is programmed properly?

2. Site 51, which covers Montgomery County, is a simulcast site so it has 6 "sites" located around the county that all transmit on the exact same frequencies in unison.

JonL008

Premium Subscriber
I do have the Montgomery County simulcast programmed in. It picks up the CC however it is only about 50-60% on a good day, and even then If I hear anything at all its very limited and lots of static. Its picking up CC853.837500

KevinC

Super Moderator
I do have the Montgomery County simulcast programmed in. It picks up the CC however it is only about 50-60% on a good day, and even then If I hear anything at all its very limited and lots of static. Its picking up CC853.837500

Ok, are you using the stock antenna or something external?

KevinC

Super Moderator
I currently only have the stock antenna. Any suggestions for a decent indoor one?

I'll let someone else chime in with suggestions, every time I do people shoot them down. :D

With that being said, a different antenna would definitely make a difference. Whether it will make enough of a difference or not we don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.