Montgomery PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Damn - no digital?

Sheesh - where did the BOE get the money from for theirs?

robbinsj2

W2SJW said:
Damn - no digital?

Sheesh - where did the BOE get the money from for theirs?
I still think that "BOE" talkgroup bears more monitoring. I've identified it as ESC buses, since Montgomery's own buses are still on VHF and since Montgomery contracts with ESC for many bus routes. Of course Montgomery would have a few radios for coordinating directly with the ESC buses. And it wouldn't answer your fundamental and good question of how a school bus operator justified digital trunking radios over analog trunking.

It appears that county has been assigning trunked radio ids based on whether they are digital or analog-only. This is something I've extrapolated and may be incorrect, but if it is right then the MTPD and Station 46 radios are presently digital capable.

53 Fire's radios are definitely digital, as they have used Franklin's (digital) fire talkgroups to talk with District 2 companies. 53 Rescue got their radios from Franklin so they're digital. If I recall, most or all 45 radios are within the analog-only segment of trunked IDs.

It will be interesting to see if Montgomery squad moves to the trunked system soon, or to the old police repeater.

Jim

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Jim,

Within the past 6 months, 45 Fire had their radios upgraded, they are now displaying 5 digit RIDs, I believe the 38000 range. I remember because I had them all identified when they were still in the analog range, and then all the sudden, new IDs started to pop up again within the 38000 range.

I do have word that 47 Rescue is supposed to move up to trunking, I heard this from someone that attended the recently started EMS Chief Officer's association. As far as the Police repeater goes, I heard DPW may go onto that.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
robbinsj2 said:
I still think that "BOE" talkgroup bears more monitoring. I've identified it as ESC buses, since Montgomery's own buses are still on VHF and since Montgomery contracts with ESC for many bus routes. Of course Montgomery would have a few radios for coordinating directly with the ESC buses. And it wouldn't answer your fundamental and good question of how a school bus operator justified digital trunking radios over analog trunking.

You're right, that definetly is SC ESC Buses. Another new TG cropped up today, 10384 Analog, Montgomery PD was testing with Montgomery Schools. This could be the BOE TG and/or School Resource Officer TG.

Jim, check you PMs when you get a chance.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.