• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Montreal Cops cars burned ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

slypx

Quebec DB Adm
Database Admin
From The Montreal Gazette

Someone burned up at the cops? - Police probe torching of six cruisers

JASON MAGDER
The Gazette

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Police say it's too soon to tell whether the people who set fire to six cruisers early yesterday were trying to send a message. The cars were set ablaze while they were parked in front of Station 23, on Hochelaga St. at the corner of Létourneux Ave. near the Olympic Stadium. A passerby phoned 911 to report the incident. Montreal police Constable Anie Lemieux said there are surveillance cameras at Station 23, where the cars were parked. Police are also analyzing video from another store in the strip mall where the police station is located.

As to how police didn't know six of their cruisers were burning right outside one of their stations, Lemieux said that station is usually closed at night, and officers only go in if they have to file a report or use the office. She said she didn't know whether any police officers were in the station at the time of the fire. "We're going to analyze all the evidence and ... try to figure out what was the meaning behind this act," Lemieux said. She said it's possible police will never know the true nature of the attack.

The station is situated across the street from Pro Gym, which was a known hangout of Hells Angels boss Maurice (Mom) Boucher. Most full-patch members of the Hells Angels biker gang Boucher headed are still in prison. However, before the major crackdown on biker gangs, police were sometimes attacked and often intimidated by the bikers by such tactics as setting bombs under their cars.

"We take this very seriously," Lemieux said. While it is possible someone was trying to send a message to police, it's equally possible it was just an act of mischief, Lemieux said.
In November 2006, three stolen Dodge Neons were rigged and rammed into police stations and police cars in three separate incidents. Police believe that was an act of mischief.

However, last October, a man rammed a parked Laval police cruiser twice, in an apparent road rage incident. The cruiser was parked to block traffic from entering the Highway 440 access road leading to Highway 15 north, where a tractor-trailer had overturned. The man rammed the cruiser, backed up and then rammed it again. The two police officers inside were treated for minor injuries.

jmagder@ thegazette.canwest.com

© The Gazette (Montreal) 2008

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch the news in video (In french) :
http://lcn.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/player/video.cgi?file=/lcn/actualite/faits_divers/20080314_Couturier.wmv

We could also add the fact that a Sherbrooke city PD car was bombed while a the officer was having breakfast in a restaurant last winter ... and QPF cars in the Montreal headquarters parking lot were attacked in 1995 at the begin of the bikers territory war.

Also today (Saturday 15 march 15th) in Montreal it is the COBP (coalition against police brutalities) annual action which consist of a (not peaceful) walk thru parts of the city. This brings out the scumbags of this society to destroy honest people properties on their passage ... Year after year there are multiple (masked) people being arrested ranging from 15 to 50 with a high of 100 in 2003.

UPDATE as of 9 PM
32 arrest of the "cream of the city"

Here's a few pictures :

Other then that, it is a nice place to live !!!!!!!!

Last edited:

polkaroo

Premium Subscriber
LOL. Coalition Against Police Brutalities. At least in Toronto they have a front on "anti-poverty." Heh. "I don't know why they're beating me... I'm just destroying other's property....!!!! It's unfair I'm a useless jobless careless drug-whore and other hard working people have more money than I do!!!!!" freely string expletives in there every other word.

Sad that groups like these have idiots who use their name, painting a bad reputation for legitimate protesters. But I'm sure just like in Toronto there are professional protesters in Montreal who just go to stir sh*t up. In Toronto they "protest" everything from Iraq to poverty to womens rights and ....

Last edited:

slypx

Quebec DB Adm
Database Admin
polkaroo said:
But I'm sure just like in Toronto there are professional protesters in Montreal who just go to stir sh*t up. In Toronto they "protest" everything from Iraq to poverty to womens rights and ....
You're right we have those down here too.

Final numbers are 42 arrests and undisclosed amount of damage to cars, stores, restaurants, subway station, etc. I would say close to 250 000 $ ...

EJB

Slypx. I found the Montreal Police were tough.
I had long hair thru my teens and the cops used to hastle us for no reason from time to time. That was my experience growing up in C.S.L. in the 80's.
When I first moved to Toronto I was astonished that they would make eye contact & say hi.

There were a fair bit of anarchists en ville d Montreal in my time.
99.9% were peaceful,.001% bad apples.Hung out around St Catherine & Le Main.

Status
Not open for further replies.