MONTREAL PROGRAMMING

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSCOTT

Working on a radio for a listener in Montreal. The RR database has several larger sites around Montreal and a bunch of smaller ones in the area. How do I tie the sites and talkgroups together to get the most listening for this radio. Its a P7100-Provoice that has a practical limit of systems of 16 and a groups per system limit of 64. Any steering is appreciated.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
I dont know anything about the radio you are trying to program. .is it only 800mhz?
Or can you also enter 410.mhz freqs? And does it do digital too?
Main edacs system for mtl area covers urgences sante the City EMS system as well as south shore pd & fd.
city pd is conventional 410.mhz...provincial police(state pd) is also conventional 153-167mhz..city of montreal fire is p25 digital 800mhz.. what does want to monitor?

FSCOTT

RSP SYSTEM

The 800 mhz RSP system is the focus but it has many small sites and perhaps two or three large ones. Which talk groups go with which sites. The Airport is easy and perhaps site 1 is tied to the adjacent cities talk groups. Is there a list of the associations of sites to groups ?

FSCOTT

RSP SYSTEM

Also this radio is a M/A COMM P7100 with Provoice. I can see some sites are E for encrypted but more are simply D for digital.

kirk23

The 800 mhz RSP system is the focus but it has many small sites and perhaps two or three large ones. Which talk groups go with which sites. The Airport is easy and perhaps site 1 is tied to the adjacent cities talk groups. Is there a list of the associations of sites to groups ?

Site #1 is the main site to listen to.. as long your guy is on the island of montreal or near the island..

site #1 will give him all of the important stuff.. Urgences Sante (EMS System).. Longueuil Fire ...The Longueuil Police is ProVoice i believe.. he will also get all of the Public Security depts (Westmount..Town of Mount Royal..St.Laurent..Outremont..Cote St.Luc..Hampstead..) The Cote St.Luc EMS 1st responders... Dorval Airport Security & Fire/Crash Rescue.. and even some of the north shore (Terrebonne & Blainville & sometimes Deux Montanges (2 Mountains)..) depts.

if he is out on the extreme west part of the West Island he might need to also enter Site #4 Pointe-Claire & Site 45 Ste.Anne de Bellevue..

I live on in Pierrefonds near the back river (north western part of the island) on need to have Site#4 installed to pick up the Pointe Claire Public Security (who also dispatches the Kirkland & Dorval Public Security depts) & the Pointe Claire Volunteer rescue unit.

i have never had the need to program the Airport Site #2 to hear them..they come in clear on site #1..

1 thing to be aware of for the Airport talkgroups.. you will see 2 T/Gs 04-151 & 04-152 for the SPVM police..you wont hear them on the scanner.. it is only a pathway/patch that conects the Airport system to the police radio system.

if you can set up that with seperate groups ..1 for Urgences Sante ..another for the Public Securitys ..and another for Longueuil that would be the best way..

I hope this is answering your questions..

Last edited:

puzzleriddle

Digital & Enc are NOT the same thing pro voice is digital & can be decoded with DSD. but takes patience
also EDACS is on the road to be Discontinued completely I believe in 2015?

kirk23

Digital & Enc are NOT the same thing pro voice is digital & can be decoded with DSD. but takes patience
also EDACS is on the road to be Discontinued completely I believe in 2015?

PUZZLERIDDLE...

The guy in Florida is programming and actual ProVoice radio..not a scanner..

thanks for the info on EDACS though.. so I take it that they will stop manufacturing and selling EDACS radios somewhere 2015/2016...
.but will systems that are already in use will still be able to be used after the discontinued date??

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I live on in Pierrefonds near the back river (north western part of the

The Back River? What are you? 90 years old??? :lol:

Speaking of EDACS, what is the long term plan for RSP? My understanding (like someone else posted) is that Harris (Not GE, not Ericsson, not M/ACom - none of them care!) doesn't plan to continue with the EDACS line in favor of P25.

That doesn't mean that all EDACS systems fold up and die on a certain date - the vendor will support and service the systems for a long while after they stop selling them. All the same, if a customer was planning to update radios en masse or add towers, it's vital that they know where the product is going.

So, does anyone know the plan for RSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.