Montreat PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

theradioman

Does anyone know what Montreat PD uses for communications? The cars have what looks like VHF antennas. I have Black Mountain PD on 155.880 and Buncombe county SO on 155.430 but I have not heard anything on those that would indicate they dispatch for Montreat. The only frequency licensed to the city is the 156.0525 and that is a data burst about every 2-3 minutes. I think this is for the water dept. well monitoring. I have tried search and close-call when visiting but have not caught anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Charles
KG4FDT

trumpetman

Database Admin
Well first off 155.8800 is Biltmore Forest Police Dispatch; Black Mountain is 156.2100 (118.8 PL) and you'll hear 800 units calling in a lot. I've never really paid attention, but my guess would be they work off of the County channel like everyone else and keep a close ear on BMPD's channel.

theradioman

You are correct on the 156.2100 I cut and pasted the wrong one from freescan. I am headed back in a few weeks and will listen to the BMPD channel a little closer.

SCPD

QRT
I think that Montreat is dispatched by BMPD, if you look in the phonebook the 7 digit listing for BMPD and Montreat PD are the same.

Last edited:

fyrboy

According to Black Mountain PD dispatcher, they dispatch Montreat on Black Mountain's PD frequency. They call them by saying "Montreat xxx."

Status
Not open for further replies.