More 10 meter CW !

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9rzz

The band was open to who knows where the other day, and the lower 200khz of 10 meters was loaded with 11 meter free banders, all in Spanish.

They're taking over!

Last year, I tuned across the band while in the mobile and heard a local calling CQ. He had his memory keyer on repeat and just kept calling. So, I pulled over and worked him by keying with the microphone (and my antenna was only a 2 meter whip). We had a nice chat and exchanged QSL cards.

Get up there and call CQ, work some folks. Throw your PSK up there before we loose that part of the spectrum.

joen7xxx

I will try to join in from DN-20. I can work on my skills and make their lives a little less pleasant. Thanks for the idea.

Joe

k9rzz

Alright! There you go, join the fight. If you hear those suckers on there, call CQ right on top of 'em. Practice your sending right on the bastards and let them know that they aren't welcome in the ham band.

LtDoc

K9RZZ,
What you heard isn't 'new' by any means, it's been happening for quite a few years. Does that mean no one cares? I really doubt it. Now start thinking about how you can prove someone was operating illegally, and identify the ones doing it. Not so simple, huh?
- 'Doc

k9rzz

I don't care if they operate 24/7 on 27,995khz ... go for it. 10Kw? Bravo, I couldn't care less. Just not in the ham bands.

gcgrotz

I've been waiting for 10 to open back. Had the shack packed up since March due to moving. Got most of it put back together now but no antenna yet. I really need to wait for the leaves to fall. Also, the IC-746 lost it's backlight and remote PC control port and left for the repair place this week.

Maybe in a few weeks I'll get back on and work ya.

One of the last contacts I made before packing up was S9DX on 40m CW with a slow hand key!

k8krh

Your using the wrong mode to make them move...they hate rtty, and in the evenings around dinner time you have cb chaps chatting away , by the slang they use probably Texas area..rtty is the way..
DOCTOR/795

SCPD

QRT
Get outside some

What, were you on here for six hours straight hours, and can't understand why others are not on this website as much as you are?
Or did you get on and off here three times in six hours, and can't quite understand why other people are not jumping on and off here making comments as much as you do?

You start this thread at 5 in the morning.
Two hours later, because no one has responded yet, you post that no one must care, may as well give up the band.

OK.

k9rzz

Your using the wrong mode to make them move...they hate rtty, and in the evenings around dinner time you have cb chaps chatting away , by the slang they use probably Texas area..rtty is the way..
DOCTOR/795

RTTY, CW, AMTOR, PACTOR, G-TOR ... whatever it takes to keep the band active. Make some noise!

ridgescan

I'm not a ham but do monitor sometimes-I caught KC4TVC out of Georgia on 10 meters, 28.409.95 working AD7LX (unknown location). Then on 28.417 I caught WB4OSS and N9CDX contesting too-

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Those of us who contest are the ones who make sure the spectrum is put to good use. Anybody who gripes about inactivity on the bands needs to either send a CQ once in a while or start contesting.

As for 10m freebanders, big deal. There is plenty of space on 10m. I hear them all the time on the CW portion, but if I use my filtering properly I can easily silence all the freebander noise and pick out S0 CW sigs. The freebanders don't bother me one bit.

For policing the bands, hams need to stop playing policeman and instead start using the bands. For every 1 khz of spectrum that is being abused/misused by hams/nonhams, there are countless megahertz of spectrum silent just waiting for somebody to call CQ.

10M was great again today [and probably still is]. The Scandinavians were all over 10m SSB for the SAC SSB contest today, booming into Ohio. I was picking them off left and right for about half hour. Then I switched to working the PaQP. I'll play in the Makrothen RTTY contest a little later, mingled with PaQP activity. I'll also play in the AzQP this weekend. So much to do. So many people to work. So many modes and bands to play on. The fun is there if hams would just call/answer CQs instead of whining about dead bands, contesters, and freebanders.

Mike

k9rzz

You're saying that I'm whining about the freebanders? YOU'RE DARN RIGHT I AM!
icon10.gif

No, I will not willingly, equally 'share' the band with free banders. Spectrum space is precious. 10 meters is not a wasteland of dial where anyone can plunk down and cause havoc. Hams lost half the 220Mhz band, it can happen on HF too. Freebanders can be found from 25Mhz all the way up to 30Mhz. Why should they be given 5 Mhz to talk jibberish that doesn't make any sense anyway?

Yes, get on the air and make some noise. Any mode you have. Take back 10 meters!

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Comments?

Nobody cares?

"Let them take it"?

Yep, let em' have that band then maybe they'll leave vhf/ uhf bands alone!!
Besides, cw is for the most part dead except for the brass pounders.

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.