More than 450K smoke alarms recalled due to major defect

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
About 452,000 Kidde smoke alarms have been recalled in the United States due to the risk of failure to alert consumers to a fire.

A yellow cap left on during the manufacturing process can cover one of the two smoke sensors and compromise the smoke alarm’s ability to detect smoke, posing a risk of consumers not being alerted to a fire in their home, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

https://whdh.com/news/more-than-450k-smoke-alarms-recalled-due-to-major-defect/

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
First it was their fire extinguishes, now this! Kidde has been a trusted name as far back as I can remember. This inexcusable. More crap from China!

questnz

Who thought that goods made in a "Communist" country should be trusted in ours?

Are you for sure ?
You need to get rid of your iPhones, iPads, HP equipment, Dell, IBM/Lenovo equipment just about all IT networking infrastructure etc etc.
Your precious Apple is made in Hon Hai Industries factories and its subsidiaries eg Foxconn so is XBox 4
Dell, HP could be made by Chino OEM/ODM manufacturers eg Quanta, Compal, Wistron, Inventec, Arima, Mitac and few others

US Design yes, but Made is USA is NO more, get you head around that quickly.

Just one example for you. World wide Server market and manufacturers https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20180314GS400.html it is more or less the same in Laptops/Notebook area and LCD panels supply chain area. XYZ Model of Notebook or Monitor may come with LCD panels from different suppliers.

Chinese and Taiwanese based OEM/ODM manufactures bidding for contracts from major companies. I think in US you can get this stuff via FCC
website.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Are you for sure ?

US Design yes, but Made is USA is NO more, get you head around that quickly.

I think the point ChrisABQ was making is that the U.S. should have never let any of that even get started. The U.S. doesn't even design most of this stuff either.

Our country has been misguided by a bunch of buffoons for decades!

questnz

Yes agreed absolutely I think we all try bring to readers attention reality of today's Design/Manufacturing/Supply chain World.
Here is the link to Foxconn US customers alone, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn#United_States

Just Google Hon Hai Precision, Foxconn, Pegatron and you see the staggering revenue they raking from electronics manufacturing for other companies and the number of staff they employ and pumping goods under various brands World Wide.

Now, people on this forums who still saying "don't buy Chinese junk" need to think again before they speak.

Last edited:

PACNWDude

Checked this when I first heard about it, as I had to send 6 fire extinguishers back to Kidde for that recall last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.