Morgan County S.O. going to 911 Central Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanner_Rider

Since our Sheriff elect announced last month that when he takes office in January he plans to move our S.O. dispatch to 911 Central Dispatch, have anyone heard if our S.O. will retain their current TGID as Decatur PD has their separate TGID or will they just be adding our S.O, to the rural PD TGID?

morganAL

They will remain on the same TG they are currently on. The TG with all of the smaller municipal departments will remain the same. The S.O. and the rural PD TGs are busy enough that they can't be combined.

Scanner_Rider

morganAl,

Thanks for the information . Still learning the P25 system and equating it to what I learned of programmable analog , I was afraid I would have to do a new TG search , parsing and deletion of unnecessary TGs next month to find the S.O, again to update my and my mother's scanners, but then I considered that the two dispatching systems were practically identical except for 911 calls now going to Central Dispatch.

One thing I notice about the digital system that is the same as the programmable analog days is that Decatur PD and the ambulance TDs have to be locked out to avoid them from overrunning the LEA and VFD basic traffic that gives us early warning of fire, bad weather or wrecks here in the east highway 36 area.

Our S.O. and the rural PDs seem to be better storm watchers to me than the storm watchers the TV stations use..

morganAL

No problem. When Hartselle consolidated it was decided to put them on the same channel as the other smaller municipal PDs because of the size of their agency and call volume. It made that channel busier but still bot as busy as DPD. MCSO is pretty busy anyway so it is better to leave them with their own channel.
As far as 911 calls go, the calls were already going to Central Dispatch first and they were then being transferred to the S.O, By moving, it should all the S.O, to get the calls and respond faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.