Most entertaining threads on RR

You better be careful, you just gave them a huge boost to their self esteem........
They might think you were calling them smart.
Well, maybe this comment won't. Being socially challenged like Dr. Cooper seems to be the norm nowadays. And venting on these forums seems to be cathartic for them. Not withstanding how the 'spurts tend to bully with their knowledge.

This used to be a place to access a wealth of info, to have friendly discussions, and trade scanning knowledge throughout the site. Not much anymore. Just the gurgle of noise swirling down the down the drain.

Larry

Socially challanged has become the norm Common sense has become an oxymoron. Friendly discussions can still happen as long as a troll doesn't rear its ugly head. almost forgot, their must always be something for the Grammar Nazi to complain about. there always lurking around waiting to pounce. it doesn't matter if it is here or they're, your going to hear from them. You're spell check will not find the errors they will complain about.... but then that is a different story....... Time to sit back and wait

Socially challanged has become the norm Common sense has become an oxymoron. Friendly discussions can still happen as long as a troll doesn't rear its ugly head. almost forgot, their must always be something for the Grammar Nazi to complain about. there always lurking around waiting to pounce. it doesn't matter if it is here or they're, your going to hear from them. You're spell check will not find the errors they will complain about.... but then that is a different story....... Time to sit back and wait
Sadly there are numerous grammatical errors in your post. And what of this baseless claim that a troll must have an ugly head? ;)

Sadly there are numerous grammatical errors in your post. And what of this baseless claim that a troll must have an ugly head? ;)
Is it possible that the grammatical errors might have been deliberate???;)
Sorry if I offended by stereotyping trolls...:ROFLMAO:
Always remember that a double negative is a positive....
There is no such thing as a double positive being negative..... Yeah, Right;)

Last edited:

KevinC

Super Moderator
Since we brought up the SDS200, I find it amazing that with numerous reports of the odd noises (just like my 536 does) some report they don't have it (I'd bet they do and either they have auditory issues or ambient noise covers it). But some of the ones not having the issue tell the others they are wrong or it must be something other than the unit itself causing it.

Just like in politics, blind support for anything is a bad thing.

Since we brought up the SDS200, I find it amazing that with numerous reports of the odd noises (just like my 536 does) some report they don't have it (I'd bet they do and either they have auditory issues or ambient noise covers it). But some of the ones not having the issue tell the others they are wrong or it must be something other than the unit itself causing it.

Just like in politics, blind support for anything is a bad thing.
It is not just blind support I am seeing. It is a coordinated attack of anything that might be negative in the slightest way. It can't be the "precious", there must be something wrong with the location or the way it is being used. Oh wait, The person complaining is just a "hater". None of these hold any water. If it was the location there would be 1 and only one with the issue. The same goes for improper operation. Multiple comments to the fact the noise exists voids those. A hater that spends $700 just to complain? well there goes the last argument. The whole thing make me laugh, Hell someone spending $700 on a scanner from a company that had issues with their last offering doesn't make sense to me but to each their own.

Hey, all. Lets try to keep on topic. Lots of misspelling in many posts. We all have made fat finger mistakes.;)

Now, just a bit different, the most boring thread is in the Ham radio area. Why not text instead of using a radio. I know how ham radio threads can get long and extremely boring. I've experienced this, being licensed for 34 years.
I believe it comes from too much rag chewing and not breathing in between.:LOL:

Larry