• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mot Type I/Type IIi Talkgroup Oddity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've come across an odd situation... My work uses radios on a Mot system local to me, and thru some playing around I determined the talkgroup to be 29xxx (the xxx's are just because I can't recall the tg off the top of my head). Using that talkgroup to listen in with my scanner seems to work just fine, but I noticed other talkgroups weren't adding up. So, long story short what I thought was a Type II system is actually Type IIi, with mainly Type I talkgroups being used. Now heres where it gets weird. I had the chance to dump the codeplug from one of my work radios, so I did. According to the CPS, the Size Code is 'A' and the Fleet we are on is 350. So, I adjusted the Fleetmap in my 246T and Pro96 and key up my radio expecting it to show 350-1. It didn't. It shows 380-1, on both my radios. Anyone have any idea why? I played around with different size codes and I couldn't get 350-1 to show up at all.

fineshot1

Most likely there are different display formats used between your motorola radios(you did not mention which motorola model radios) and your 246T & 96 scanners. I know from doing some of my own programming that the portables & mobiles I have programmed all have the talkgroups entered in Hex and I think the Uniden & RS is done in Decimal. I am not familiar with Type I talkgroup numbering(we use only II) so cant help you figure out the correct TG numbers. Hope you find your answer.......fineshot1

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I was kind of wondering something along those lines too. The radio I pulled the info from is an MTX850. I've also read 2 different GTX's on this system, and their info properly matches what appears on the scanner. I guess I'll hafta play a little more and see what I can turn up!

DaveH

Forts said:
According to the CPS, the Size Code is 'A' and the Fleet we are on is 350. So, I adjusted the Fleetmap in my 246T and Pro96 and key up my radio expecting it to show 350-1. It didn't. It shows 380-1, on both my radios. Anyone have any idea why? I played around with different size codes and I couldn't get 350-1 to show up at all.

Fortz, :)

I think 350 means you are using Block 3, Fleet 50. Looks like the 50 is hex (50 hex =
80 dec.). The scanner is displaying a decimal Fleet number. Therefore 3-80-xx makes
sense.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.