• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Mother of teen sues MySpace for $30 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCarnage

two girls from a university in my area got kicked out of school after they posted pictures of them doing strip shows in front of the campus dorms on MySpace, apparently the university thought it was bad publicity, lol

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
MetalCarnage said:
two girls from a university in my area got kicked out of school after they posted pictures of them doing strip shows in front of the campus dorms on MySpace, apparently the university thought it was bad publicity, lol
I think we need to know the address to their myspace site so we can judge for ourselves :D

Oh and if this lady thinks she will win 30m then shes nuts.

nexus

she's not trying to win 30 million dollars, this is an attempt to shutdown MYSPACE. That's the only thing this could possibly do if she won. I seriously doubt it's going to happen. You know the judge is going to grill her on the lack of parenting issue which is so clear to see.

atwageman

nexus said:
she's not trying to win 30 million dollars, this is an attempt to shutdown MYSPACE. That's the only thing this could possibly do if she won. I seriously doubt it's going to happen. You know the judge is going to grill her on the lack of parenting issue which is so clear to see.

Yeah but we also have some real douche bag judges in the system as well. Hopefully this gets thrown out quickly. I'm so sick of the "we gotta do it for the children crowd". What ever happened to making the sacrafices needed sometimes for good parenting? Some people have this idea, that if they bring a child into the world, their automatically parents. I could go on for days, but I'll let it go.

johnvassel

In order to prevent Myspace problems at our house, I introduced the young 16 year old male to my own prevention program, nicknamed Myfoot. It's fairly simple, get online, get on myspace and get Myfoot in Yourspace. It's worked wonders.
Joking aside, the only pc the 'kids' have access to is in the living room where we all watch TV. Diligence is required, myspace is by far not the only perv hangout.. (just look at hamsexy! ;) )

John

MacombMonitor

johnvassel said:
In order to prevent Myspace problems at our house, I introduced the young 16 year old male to my own prevention program, nicknamed Myfoot. It's fairly simple, get online, get on myspace and get Myfoot in Yourspace. It's worked wonders.
Joking aside, the only pc the 'kids' have access to is in the living room where we all watch TV. Diligence is required, myspace is by far not the only perv hangout.. (just look at hamsexy! ;) )

John
Way to go John! Parenting with involvement, responsibility, and discipline! What a concept! :) I'll bet your kids never got run over by a lawn mower either!

You should consider going on the talk shows and teaching some of these dumb asses how to raise their kids!

N2MWE

Premium Subscriber
John, you hit the nail on the head! PARENTING prevents ninety percent of Internet crimes against children. Sounds to me like Mommy was too damned lazy to keep an eye on what her daughter was doing on the computer.

MacombMonitor

AEMTKieran said:
John, you hit the nail on the head! PARENTING prevents ninety percent of Internet crimes against children. Sounds to me like Mommy was too damned lazy to keep an eye on what her daughter was doing on the computer.
We had a recent case in Macomb County, Michigan where it was actually the mother, posing as her daughter, that got her daughter hooked up with some guy on the Internet. What was she thinking? :roll:

N2MWE

Premium Subscriber
We had a case in White Plains not long ago where a woman brought her underage daughters to the Crown Plaza in White Plains, and invited a couple of young to the room to have sex with the daughters. Sometimes people just should not have children...

seamusg

MacombMonitor said:
We had a recent case in Macomb County, Michigan where it was actually the mother, posing as her daughter, that got her daughter hooked up with some guy on the Internet. What was she thinking? :roll:
Sounds like the mother is seeing how much money she can make off the daughter. Maybe MySpace.com should sue this female pimp. :twisted: :roll:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
There was a line from the movie Parenthood (http://imdb.com/title/tt0098067/) that went something like this:

"You have to get a license to drive a car. You have to get a license to get married. Hell, you even have to get a license to fish, but any b***hole can be a parent."

I think that about somes it up.

MacombMonitor

datainmotion said:
There was a line from the movie Parenthood (http://imdb.com/title/tt0098067/) that went something like this:

"You have to get a license to drive a car. You have to get a license to get married. Hell, you even have to get a license to fish, but any b***hole can be a parent."

I think that about somes it up.
Maybe we should stop sex education! If we don't show them how it's done, maybe parents like these would be too stupid to figure it out for themselves!

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i have been on myspace as a member for 1.7 years....never had a problem with no one, you need to know who your friends are and who the detectives are posing as 14 year old girls!!...lol...joking aside,
you can't depend on your computer to raise your kids, i live in NYC primarily, and i see all the time that there are high power wall street traders and high power parents who leave their kids with nanny's or when they are home they let them rot their brains with TV and Eminem's music and hang out with whoever or sit on the internet for 9203902320 hours a day,
there is a thin line between "let me live off my kids mistakes on myspace because i wasn't there to prevent it"
and being a good parent,

it would be a shame if myspace shut down, i have alot of friends there and do alot of communicating with them, and it would be a damn shame to let some low life excuse for a mother let this happen because she is too busy to pay attention to her kids,

Wake up people. it's time to sit down and play a board game or throw around a baseball, take your kids to the park and be good parents again, some people just need to give it a try and love and care about your kids the old fashion way and stop letting them raise their selfs,
they may try to run the whole "i'm 14, i know what i want and who i want to hang out with" the reason kids are kids is because they need their parents there to help them make the right choices,

Status
Not open for further replies.