• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Moto VHF Stubby antenna question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewAddict

I purchased two VHF stubby antennas from two different sellers. When they arrived I realized they were different in length by about 3/8" The slightly longer antenna works much better on the ham bands which is the band I am using.

I knew the full length VHF Moto antennas came in different freq ranges identified by color but how do you tell the stubby ones apart as they are not colored coded like the full size models?

Thanks.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I'm going to move this to the Motorola forum as I think you'll get a better answer there.

DewAddict

Well I did some checking after I read your post Grog and although they both came in sealed moto bags, only the one that works great actually has the label "motorola" on the antenna itself. The other has no labels at all.

Not sure...maybe its not actually a moto part...I did get it from Ebay but since it was in a sealed bag with moto icons on it....I took a chance.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
As a side note, the factory VHF stubby for the HT1000 is not marked either, but several sources confirm it is factory, plus I got mine from a dude who does a ton of factory OEM sales. I have a couple UHF saber stubbies somewhere, but can't remember if they are marked or not, I think they are though.

Can you post the links of who you got them from? It might help a bit.

edit...

There are egay sellers who sell counterfeit /\/\ stuff all the time, so everyone should be careful when buying there. If you ordered they both from the same person and they are supposed to be the same model, then something is really fishy :lol:

Last edited:

DewAddict

I got them from separate sellers. I bet I got the 150-162 model instead of the 146-162 or whatever it is model. I have done some further research and discovered they do come in different ranges.

I have a motorola online account so I checked there first but they didn't list but one stubby for the AS so thats why I posted here. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.