Motorcycle Officer Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Jeffco: Aspen Road in Aspen Park area JCSO Motorcycle deputy down, unknown on injs but chopper being placed on SB and req supervisor. O/F DTRS, Online

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
jfab said:
keep us updated on his condition if you hear!!![/QUOTE

EFD advised just minor injs luckily mainly road rash, believe he went to Central by ground.

Jim<

cstockmyer

Do you know the name of the motor officer hurt by chance Jim? I had a few teach me at the academy. Also when I worked at Southwest plaza I knew some. No big deal if you don't just thought I'd ask.

Aspen Park is in Elk Creek district, not Evergreen. There was a Jeffco car that was code by the house mid-morning..probably the incident, but I didn't have the scanner on. No other EFD units on this south end of the district. Sorry, it was a quiet morning at the shack by choice. Good to hear only minor injuries. Sorry, just realized EFD could mean Elk Creek Fire as well in Jim's message.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
evergreenwaterman said:
Aspen Park is in Elk Creek district, not Evergreen. There was a Jeffco car that was code by the house mid-morning..probably the incident, but I didn't have the scanner on. No other EFD units on this south end of the district. Sorry, it was a quiet morning at the shack by choice. Good to hear only minor injuries.

Well aware where Aspen Park is but thanks for the help, by the way >Evergreenwaterman< do you have a first name, most of us frequent posters use those on here? EFD Amb covered the call assisting Elk Creek but luckily everyone was ok.

Sorry you were not monitoring, I had forgotten my radios had off switches as they stay on day and night.

Additionally I do not have the deputies name and even if I did would certainly never post in this forum.

Jim<

Last edited:
Thanks Jim. You're right, there was also an ambulance that also went by on Hwy. 73 about the same time, the dogs were howling....how could I forget? Didn't give it much thought, a good lesson in the sense one never knows when an incident is going to come over the radio, the most significant for me hearing the very first and subsequent dispatch calls for Columbine. I'll always have memory of those transmissions, and thankful that I kept the radio on in the truck. The 96 is always on in the truck and with me in the Suburban too (I can't figure out why I still subscribe to XM ratio).....Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.