• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola CDM-1550 Lockup Problem .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger44

I was wondering if anyone can tell me or has had this Lockup Problem With the Motorola CDM-1550 Mobile Radios ! I have the CDM-1550 UHF Mobile . When I turn the Radio on it is Fine and After the Radio Stays on for a Time it will Lockup where You can't Turn the Radio Off and you can't Recive anything , and it will not Do anything . If Anyone has had that Problem or Know of a Fix , Pleas let me know . Thank You for Looking and Your Help .

Steve . Promisedland109@aol.com Or PM Me .

grem467

The only thing i can suggest is to try reprogramming the codeplug back into it, failing that it looks like its off to the depot.

Avenger44

grem467 said:
The only thing i can suggest is to try reprogramming the codeplug back into it, failing that it looks like its off to the depot.

Ok , I'll try that and See .... Thank God it's not my Primary Rig ...

Steve.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Any updates or conclusions on this issue. I'm having a similar problem.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Definitely not holding my breath. [emoji6]. Just trying all options before I buy a different radio.

com501

There was a software and firmware release prior to the final releases that cured similar issues. You should refresh your codeplug using the newest SW release and look into checking what FW version you are running if it is very old.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have been using the latest version of CPS. I checked the website last night just to make sure there wasn't something newer. While I was there I decided to download the latest FW for that radio. The radio currently has R04.00.01 in it.

I was unsuccessful in flashing the radio. I am not sure where my issue is at. I believe I have all the right hardware (i.e. Serial port, RIB, Flash Adapter, Programming Cable). So I decided to just read and then write the radio using this hardware method instead of ribless. Before writing it I did make a small change. Because I am not using ignition sense right now I just completely disabled that feature within the CPS. I programmed the radio and it has been on and running all night without issues. I will see how long it can hold out.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
So the radio seemed to stay on for a while longer than it had in the past with the new programming. I also noticed that when I powered off the radio by shutting down the power supply the radio immediately came back on after turning the power supply on. Last several times the radio was dead and would not turn back on until it was allowed to sit there for a while (minutes to hours).

Status
Not open for further replies.