• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola CPS 6.04

Status
Not open for further replies.

highcap132

Hello to all,

I am new to CPS, My department dumped this in my lap and I have lost 10 pounds and handfulls of hair trying to figure this out. I spent 2 hours programing freqs in only to find they had problems with data revert whatever this is. I need to program conventional repeater freq and talk/around in CDM1550. Some of the radios were all ready done but the freqs were off from reading RR databases. Can somebody please send me a step by step on how to use this software. Here what I was doing and it would not work. 1. went into radio personality it then pulled up list of freq allready in. 2. clicked on freq it pulled up info for it then i clicked a green cross at bottom pulled up box entered new info. did this several times. 3. I then tried to write to radio got 50 different invalid fields on data revert. Somebody please help before i kick the dog and i dont even own a dog.

thanks in advance

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hello to all,

I am new to CPS, My department dumped this in my lap and I have lost 10 pounds and handfulls of hair trying to figure this out. I spent 2 hours programing freqs in only to find they had problems with data revert whatever this is. I need to program conventional repeater freq and talk/around in CDM1550. Some of the radios were all ready done but the freqs were off from reading RR databases. Can somebody please send me a step by step on how to use this software. Here what I was doing and it would not work. 1. went into radio personality it then pulled up list of freq allready in. 2. clicked on freq it pulled up info for it then i clicked a green cross at bottom pulled up box entered new info. did this several times. 3. I then tried to write to radio got 50 different invalid fields on data revert. Somebody please help before i kick the dog and i dont even own a dog.

thanks in advance

1. If the radio was previously programmed with a newer version of the CPS than you are using, you will not be able to program them. (There is no work-around to this. It is cold hard fact.)

2. The current version of the Professional Series CPS is R 12.04. Presuming that your agency has a current subscription for the Pro Series CPS, a current version is immediately available for download at MOL. If not, it is available for purchase for $299 if you have a MOL account.

3. There are some tutorials on the CPS on YouTube. A quick search there on CPS will bring them up for you.

4. Given the complexity of this particular software package, writing a tutorial for you would be a monumental task at best. Once you have software that you can work with, perhaps you could zero in on your issues and explain them a bit more in detail so that those of us who are familiar with the software would be able to understand your problem and offer suggestions.

Suggestion: If it is a single radio for your agency, taking it to a Motorola shop or other technician for programming and alignment may be a smarter move. It could be less expensive than purchasing the new software if this is a one-time thing. And a whole lot less hassle for you.

kb0uxv

RR databases are not always correct, and many are mis-labled, at least in my area. I know because I am on the "inside of things." If this programming is for work use you may want to verify the data with the agency, or your local radio shop.

The green cross adds a new personality at the end, if you are just editing current personalities all you need to do is change the data. I am not sure what the data revert would be, MDC for emergency button, or status updates? If your agency is just using the radio with no fancy features you can disable this is each personality. The tab with the signaling/MDC options. Not sure on the professional one, but in the Astro CPS that I use you can go to the table view (near that green plus at the bottom), go to the top personality, change the value, then right click and "fill value down." This will then apply to all personalities and save you some time. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.