• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Mobile Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

327skidoo

Hi all i am a farmer/rancher in the northeren planes i have almost fourty radios (motorola M1225and CM300) mobiles in my equipment i was wondering where i can find a headset for these radios thanks in advance

327skidoo

hey guys thanks for the replies i was looking for pretty much the same headsets that they have for portable radios such as the P1225 but one that plugs into the 16 pin connectors on the mobile s (M-1225 and the CM 300)

cmdrwill

hey guys thanks for the replies i was looking for pretty much the same headsets that they have for portable radios such as the P1225 but one that plugs into the 16 pin connectors on the mobile s (M-1225 and the CM 300)

All the connections for a headset are available at the 8 pin modular MIC jack.

Those headsets for the P1225 series radios would require a simple amplifier for the mic audio and an adapter cable to the 8 pin modular plug for the M1225 and CM series mobile radios.

I do not know of any headsets directly comparable with the Motorola Mobile series radios.

Easy enough to build: one 8 pin modular plug/cable, a 2.5 and 3.5 mm jack, one resistor and a transistor. And of course a little box and some hookup wire.

We use Heil headsets on Motorola mobiles with a simple adapter. Even when Bob Heil said it was impossible....

Dorf411

I would love to see a picture of both assemblies with associated cables and connectors. What is the price? We are always looking for new more affordable solutions for our customers.

squirrel25

I would love to see a picture of both assemblies with associated cables and connectors. What is the price? We are always looking for new more affordable solutions for our customers.

If you are replying to my links it is not something I am selling or endorsing. I just looked around the web for you and that is the only thing I found that seems to fit your needs. I would recommend taking those model numbers and look for them online.

327skidoo

thanks for the replies i am just curious why a guy can buy a decent head set for a portable radio for $100-150 bucks but expensive and almost impossible to find for a mobile radio? just wondering

cmdrwill

327skidoo;

I need your email so I can send you a diagram. Or someone could post my diagram here.

Are you handy building an adapter?

327skidoo

thanks for the information everyone i guess i always thought you could wire any ordinary mic from a headset
into the 16 pin connectors and make it work

KJ6HCB

I dont work there anymore, but I used to work at Rugged Radios: Headsets, Intercoms, 2-Way Racing Radios and Communication for Motorcycles, Offroad, Circle Track, Drag Racing, NASCAR, Police, and more... and they have all kinds of headsets with industry standard 5 pin miniDIN conectors on the headset, then offer a variety of straight and coiled cords from the 5 pin on the headset to any radio connector - portables, mobiles, etc.

The Motorola 16 pin connector mobile radios need an inline amplifier in the harness system which they also sell.

Call Greg the owner and let him know his old employee Matt sent him your way, he just be able to get you a system handled.

bunick

Headset

Could I get the diagram. I'm trying to build one similar to the earlier post using a setcom BDN6647G headset.

327skidoo;

I need your email so I can send you a diagram. Or someone could post my diagram here.

Are you handy building an adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.