Motorola Mobile Workstation (MW) Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2OFU

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Just the other day I got a big box of equipment that I needed for some Motorola and Astro Spectras I'm working on, and it just so happened to also have some Motorola MW800 and MW810 monitors. Knowing that I was getting these monitors, I went ahead and got an adapter so I could use one of them with a non-Moto computer.

The MW800's seem like they're going to need drivers to really be functional at all... not sure if I it's actually 800x600, but touch capabilities certainly aren't working, and all the buttons are in the same boat. While the buttons still obviously do nothing yet, the MW810 screens seem a little more functional out of the box with Win10, as they can be set to full 1280x1024 right away, and touch *kinda* works. Windows currently detects it as a mouse- meaning the touchscreen spans all three monitors. I suppose this would be a non-issue if I wasn't using multiple monitors, but knowing that Moto made dual monitor systems, there has to be a proper touch input driver somewhere in order to allow the monitor to play nicely with multi-monitor setups.

If anybody knows of some fixes, or can share where to find the software/drivers for the monitor, I'd really appreciate it. I really want to hook more of these monitors up to my computer to put odds and ends on them, but the lack of drivers is keeping me from putting the money in for the extra adapters needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.